Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nut-free Photo Cake

Options
  • 05-07-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

I'm planning to get a cake for my friend's birthday, one of the ones with a photo printed on it. However, my friend also has a nut allergy.

The problem is finding a place which can do nut-free cakes. Does anyone know of anywhere that does?

I'm sure it's not too hard to find a nut-free cake, but pretty much all of the places that will print photos on the icing insist on you buying the cake from them as well.

I'm doing my nut in trying to find a bakery that can tick both these boxes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

face1990 wrote: »
    I'm planning to get a cake for my friend's birthday, one of the ones with a photo printed on it. However, my friend also has a nut allergy.

The problem is finding a place which can do nut-free cakes. Does anyone know of anywhere that does?

I'm sure it's not too hard to find a nut-free cake, but pretty much all of the places that will print photos on the icing insist on you buying the cake from them as well.

I'm doing my nut in trying to find a bakery that can tick both these boxes.

you can actually get a photo printed on rice paper through ebay. i personally havnt tried this but i hope to soon. then just go to a local baker and they will pop the rice paper on top and ice around it. i make cakes all the time it wouldnt be hard to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

Advertisement