Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original XBOX...

• 05-07-2011 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Got an original Xbox today, no av cable, so on startup I'm seeing the light flashing orange-green, which after a google search means av pack missing.

Anyway, it looked a bit dusty, so I opened it up to give it a clean, and noticed one of the caps at the front-left looks like it's bulging and leaked, some dust had adhered to the leakage, so I'm definitely going to have to take out the board and give it a good clean and replace the cap. The cap is C7G10, and although I can see some writing and numbers on it (1361 and SERIES), I can't see a uF/V designation on it. It's the only one of that size in there.

Anyone know about this cap, common issue, what do I need to get to replace it?

Also, anywhere local to get an AV cable on the cheap, even an RF cable. if they exist for it? (South County Dublin) Don't want to put much into it if it's going to have issues.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

You're probably better off posting in the modding section. Those guys know the tech side of the hardware and would be in a much better position to advise you.

Advertisement