Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mix tape/cd???

Options
  • 05-07-2011 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello all. I am an American, and I was wondering; do you guys do mixtapes/cds over there?

Over here, it if you like someone, you might make them a mix of songs that you/they like that often have hidden meanings. It is kind of a funny tradition. I assume that you would partake in thus too, but I have been surprised by a few other things.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Well as a hobby of mine and to amuse myself , I would often make mixed tapes ( before internet ) and later CD's for friends and family alike who would sometimes do same for me . If it was a sixties , seventies or eighties mix/ compilation , I would add jingles , outtakes , quick comedy scetches, sound affects and voiceovers from that era inbetween tracks to give it that 'live radio effect 'or sometimes might just jumble the list up .Might not be as popular now and YouTube is a more modern way way of mixing your stuff up ( of course ) but still fun to do .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

Saladdays wrote: »
    Hello all. I am an American, and I was wondering; do you guys do mixtapes/cds over there?

Over here, it if you like someone, you might make them a mix of songs that you/they like that often have hidden meanings. It is kind of a funny tradition. I assume that you would partake in thus too, but I have been surprised by a few other things.

That is like such an AWESOME idea dude!! I cant believe we never thought of it

you Americans are so freakin swell

lolz

im off to make a mixtape right now!! I think i'll start it off with some Whitesnake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I don't know if anyone bothers anymore to be honest. More likely just to send a link to a youtube video or some sh1te like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Funny you should mention - I've just posted a thread looking for a good download site as I intend to make a mix mp3 "tape" for my husband coming up to our first anniversary. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've made a few in my time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I used to all the time, tapes first. Then when i got my first cd-burner I had a ball making cds for people. The novelty wore off mad quick when napster etc. became popular. By about 2002 anyone with a bit of savvy could illegally download any music they wanted. I notice nowadays a lot of people don't even bother getting a download or physical copy, just listen to the songs on youtube a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Whispered wrote: »
    Funny you should mention - I've just posted a thread looking for a good download site as I intend to make a mix mp3 "tape" for my husband coming up to our first anniversary. :)

I did the same for my wife on our first anniversary, all songs from our wedding day followed by one that I wrote just for her :o

Advertisement