Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the furthest (farthest?) you've walked home drunk?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I walked from Dun Laoghaire to Santry one night at about 3am.

The entire ATM network was down so I couldn't get any cash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

11km across a Chinese city at 3am because I lost my ATM card.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

from bruxies off georges street to donaghmede on st stephans day about 8 years ago couldnt get a taxi at all and those moaners claim theres no work out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Google maps

I got as far as westmanstown, could've gone the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Ballsbridge to Beaumont. Was on work experience and spent taxi money on more pints so had to take to my feet to get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I went on the long trek from Tyrrellspass to Mullingar, which is about 18km. Along dark country roads. A very kind taxi driver stopped about half an hour in, and brought me home, didn't charge me anything.

Lucky he did, as that is a stupidly dangerous thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Five miles. Went home, had three hours sleep then got up and played a match.

Oh to be eighteen again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Leopardstown to Bray. 14.4km.

The walk wasn't so bad.

The worst part was that a mate and myself were on the nightlink from Dublin to Bray. I was feeling the worse for wear and kept saying 'Im going to get sick! I'm going to get sick!'.

So eventually at Leopardstown I have to get off and fair play to my mate he got off too.

Needless to say I didn't get sick.

He did remind me for the next three hours about it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I have loads of these. Probably the longest was Ballybofey to Derry, just under 40 miles.

Did Fibber Magess to Dun Laorghaire the first week I moved to Dublin, had no idea of the taxi situation back in 2000

When I lived in London I walked from the Royal Standard in Walthamstow to West Ham every Saturday night because I'd rather have an extra pint than get the last bus home (6km). By the end of my first term at university I was able to run it (drunk) in an hour and a half.

More recently I've done Bruxelles to Ashtown D15 a couple of times. Nothing like a big walk to sober you up and prevent a hangover the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

14 miles from the sticks of wexford to wexford town. Me and a mate walked it at 4am because we thought it'd be smart to catch the early bus home. Pitch black and my mate walked straight into some guy with the same idea taking a whizz :)

He also got seriously spooked by a noisy cow. :)

apart from those two things, it was boring as hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

5 hours home from slane

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

My dad walked home from the Mont Clare Hotel on Pearse St, Dublin to Shankill after a retirement party, he waited outside the hotel for a Taxi for ten minutes, none showed up so he said 'feck that' and started walking.......he was 67.

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

Still leaving you 6hrs 15 mins to do 5 miles....what else were you at??

trying to walk straight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ererer

Temple bar to Lucan, lost my purse at the end of the night so had to walk it. Mistook a stag for a rapist in Chapelizod the moon shone down on it, Probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. They need to improve the lighting in Chapelizod it look's like Milltownpass at two in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Navan to Cabra one early morning will never forget that one the other one was Monkstown to Cabra after a gig in the top hat jaysus I'm showing the aul
    Age now lol.:eek:
    I suppose you could say I like doing a bit of walking normally if it's not pissing out i would do about 10/12k a day then go to the gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Was walkin home by myself...to roscrea campsite..at the flesdh..mindin me own business, but was complely midererd..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Not the longest but the biggest killer was at the first of the 2 u2 gigs at slane back a few years, when that concert was over, the walk from the front of the stage, to the exit - to the village, to the busses was an epic struggle, im talking wobbly legs struggle here.

I will never forget that walk - took about 4 hrs i think in the middle of 80,000 zombies, think of the walking dead and thats what we probably looked like!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Cabra to Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

In Dublin: from Malahide to the egde of the city centre (Thomas St. area) after a NYE party.

Outside Dublin: somewhere in Laois to Abbeyleix down a very very quiet country road...took around an hour at a decent pace. I'm just lucky I somehow remembered the way back to the town (for a 90min wait on the bus home:p).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chocablock

johnayo wrote: »
    Well maybe 20miles:rolleyes:

Im probably thinking of kilometers so. Another friend of mine got lost at 1am in magaluff on the first night he arrived. He remembered my apartment was next to BCM after searching for his hotel for hours. Turned up at around half seven in the morning haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Back when Taxis were like pixie dust in dublin we would often get to Harolds cross or further before one would bless us with our custom..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Pre taxi regulation wouldn't have thought twice of getting a cab from the city centre to Dunlaoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

danniemcq wrote: »
    Downings to rathmullen

(for all you non Donegal people thats 30ish miles)
    know that feeling,done letterkenny(the grill.i think) in as far as dunfannaghy.got a lift from there as far falcaragh and then walked 3 and a half miles in the rain.offered to pay the fella that give me the lift but he had more important things to do,i hope she was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

From Telefonplan to Medgorbarplatsen in Stockholm after far too many Pripps Class 3.It's only about 4 Km but it was a completely strange city at night,although it was morning by the time I seemed to magically arrive outside my hotel having no idea how i got there.
    The following day I tried to retrace my steps and instantly got lost.
    That beer scooter definitely exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

11 miles. took me 3 hrs 20 mins.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

drunkenly having a limited idea where I was going... this

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

walked from downing to falcaragh a couple of times too,got the idea to take a boat at the new lake one night got out a fair bit and chickened out and rowwed back to where we started not the best night we ever had

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

41.5 km from city center to home

Map of route home here.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Marcus_Crassus

From town to Howth -- I was in bits after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭cml387

41.5 km from city center to home

Map of route home here.

Walking through the port tunnel must have been fun.

Advertisement