Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the furthest (farthest?) you've walked home drunk?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd a row with herself a good few years ago and told her to go her merry way. That was outside Sinnots, Stephens Green. She drove off and I then realised she had my wallet in her handbag so I had to walk home to Woodstown in Knocklyon. I was well p1ssed but made it. Since then I moved house much closer to Dublin City to ensure that that never happens again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

Had a mad walk from magaluf to santa ponsa when i was 17 sloshed. left around 6 or 7am got to ponsa around 12 or 1pm, took a mad road up over hills with farmers and goats on the road. was kickin myself the next night we got a taxi from ponsa to magaluf and he took the motorway and was there in around 20 mins.

last one was again completely ****faced in alicante, was 28 i think, left a club looking for an -establishment- after everywhere had shut, ended up going through small villages and then a bitch of a walk on a motorway, ended up in another city where I had to wait for shops to open up so I could ask for a payphone or get directions to a taxi, no joke but I could find nobody who spoke a word of english anywhere. Eventually ended up down by a port and found a taxi. Lads were all set to phone the jailhouses when I got back haha must have been walking 8 or 10 hours it was a nightmare. Oh, and I never found that 'establishment'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

This......

at 9am.... while still drunk,,,, but really tired drunk... got home around 1pm.... bad times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

Never walked that far when drunk, but walked a lot of looong walks home when in/after Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

from galway to tuam. i hope paddy1 doesn't seen this thread. it could explain my antipathy towards Tuam :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Howth summit to Donnycarney, did it regularly back in the day. Good old Zenith nightclub:)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I walked home from Blackrock to Bray - wearing a nightdress - back in 1984.

I put on the nightie because it was longer than the dress I was wearing, at the time.

I'd planned to stay with my friend, after the 'disco', but she got off with someone, so I cleared off.

In my intoxicated state, walking home alone that night seemed rather pleasant - the wind in the trees kept me company, as I achieved my goal.

Funny thing is ...nowadays I worry about my daughter coming home a mile on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

dunboyne to blackrock anyone ? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

The regular walk when I was at uni was probably around a mile and a half, so not exactly a big deal.

However once I got very very wasted in a pub near London Bridge, got the tube somewhere in the wrong direction, towards the City.

By this stage I'd blacked out but was fuelled by drink and walking in what I thought was the right direction along the Thames to Waterloo Station.

Turned out it was the right direction, got to Waterloo Bridge, sobered up, crossed river, had to wait about an hour for first train home.

Worst thing was I had a dole interview later that morning and I was broke and running up debts.

Needless to say I don't advise walking the streets of London in the early hours. Probably walked 4 or 5 miles so distance not remarkable.

Another time I got wasted drunk, walked in wrong direction towards motorway (this also while I was at uni in UK), sobered up, flagged down a taxi and had to write him a cheque when I got home.

I'd walked 5 or 6 miles not knowing where I was going or what I was at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

I walked from Bantry to Glengarriff in west cork one night in a drunken stuper after having a falling out with an gf :rolleyes:

Its 11 miles and took me over 4 hours on roads with no street lights and only the moon to light the way.

When I got back she was asleep in the porch cause I had the keys. She had got a lift back and passed me on the road !!!!

I stepped over her let myself in and left her sleep on the porch :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

20miles from Mountmellick to Kildare Town just to get out of the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭IRISH VEGAS

Was on the the way from NY to Las Vegas by car stoped off in Wharton NJ due to traffic, had a good few beers cops seen me walk towards my car with keys in my hand walked all around Wharton for 5hrs, got in car road trip 3 days later back in Vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

This a couple of times.
    This once.
    I used to get like Forrest Gump once I'd had too many,if they're wasn't a taxi parked right beside me in the instant I decided I needed one then "**** that, I am WALKING!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

City Centre to Coolock where I lived for a year as a young rapscallion in me early 20s. "I shink I'll jushst walk home...no no no no no no no no no no no no, I'll be graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Slane to Navan after one of the Slane gigs... think it was Chilli Peppers. Was wrecked!
    Its only abut 12 miles distance but the road is hilly as fúck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭mattser

Jesus wept. How bored can one be to come with a thread as stupid as this ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

Spunge wrote: »
    stillorgan to rathmines completely locked, no money for a taxi
    oh god the pain in my legs, i was nearly crying

Thats not a bad old distance, Rathmines is a 30 min walk from town and is about the halfway point to Stillorgan
    You on a zimmer frame pal or just delusional?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭IRISH VEGAS

mattser wrote: »
    Jesus wept. How bored can one be to come with a thread as stupid as this ?
    Jesus had so much wine one day he could not find his way home,Til some fine roman centurion sent him back home, hes never been outside the house since.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Deminiman

About 12 miles (more than once). I decided i'd walk the girl I fancied home to her house (3 or so miles), then back through town and on to my own house.. I didn't mind at the time, third time I did this I got a kiss, floated home that night haha, the things we do when were young :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

City centre to blanchardstown last christmas in the middle of a fukn blizzard. I was properly fúcked up though so it wasnt too bad. Was soaked right through by the time I got back. But what a night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Mine is fairly modest - 8km from Cork city centre to Mahon a few times cos I hate taxi drivers and I love walking home when I'm pissed, so win-win really. Only about an hour and a half.

Friends of mine though when we were in Barcelona never bothered to remember the number of the building the hostel was in, just the street name. This was the street: Google Maps The Taxi driver just dropped them off somewhere on it and sped off happy out with his fare. A few hours later they finally found the place and me snugly wrapped up for hours after staggering home myself. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭beachhead

Dublin city centre to Shankill.Taxiis dont have big enuff fuel tanks 4 dat distance.Superquinn or Tesco helped out by supplying a trolley.Took 3-4 hours I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

A few places, the longest I have walked sober was from donnybrook to UCD and back and from connolly station to baggot st, baggot street to christchurch. Drunk probably from baggot street to rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Myself and a mate walked along the Royal canal, and so pissed we were, we thought that we were at the grand Canal. We assumed we were up beyond Inchicore somewhere, alas, Inchicore never arrived.

The sun was out and we were sober before the penny dropped. At least I had company though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

From Bally B to Listowel which is about 15km. Thank god I was pissed or else I would have given up in a ditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Slane to navan after the chilli peppers gig. My god that was long.

4 miles. 3am, completely and uterly blocked, got pissed off waiting for a taxi, lost sight of my mates so I decided "meh, I'll strut this bad boy in no time, I only live down the road suuuure" Country roads the whole way home, pretty lethal roads at that people fly down them at a fierce rate. From what I rememer I had a great wee time to myself, got some tunes belting out of the phone and sang/danced my way home! Had only 2 fags left so sat down on the side of the road for one half way, then collapsed on my doorstep and had my final victory one when I reached home.
    Strange thing is, as a 22 year old woman when I reached home I remember feeling slightly disappointed that no one tried to pick me up along the way...looking back I'm just relieved as quite alot of cars flew past me along the way!
    Did about a quarter of it in the heels, then took them off and went bare foot the rest of the way...the blisters the next day taught me never to do it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Temple Bar to Palmerstown.

Moral of the story:don't drink in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Rush to Drogheda about 32km acording to google maps (add in about another 10/15 for some of the back roads i took for the heck of it :rolleyes: ) I was aiming for Belfast lol

i should add i was not walking home rather was at home and wanted to get ferry from belfast and walk to plymouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How much points will I get if I say: I did not do much millage but it was bare naked in front of the house running circles around palm tree...

Advertisement