Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The problem with StreetFighter.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sairus wrote: »
    The first of many Knowing Me Knowing Yous to come has gone live.
    http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/07/14/knowing-me-knowing-you-atrak/

I'll try to do these wee interviews every weekend from now and have em up on Mondays or something similar.

The first? Really? :P

Nah good stuff Sai. Better questions and it's good to see what was always one of my favourite bits returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Orim wrote: »
    The first? Really? :P

Nah good stuff Sai. Better questions and it's good to see what was always one of my favourite bits returning.

I meant to say the first of many KMMY 2.0's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Orim wrote: »

Like my showcase moment Dan :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I did indeed. In fact I already commented on it : http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/07/14/knowing-me-knowing-you-atrak/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i enjoyed reading that one, well done paul.
    i miss them sessions

"You need to push buttons to win"- term coined when playing against cobelcog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

As much as we all love A-Trak, that interview was quite massive and discouraged scrolling down to articles below so there's now a Continue Reading link after a couple of paragraphs.
    Can anyone who adds content to the website include this line of code somewhere in the middle of their post if it looks to be getting a bit long?
    <!--more Continue Reading -->

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

AeoNGriM wrote: »

Fantastic suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

The first of many new Knowing Me Knowing Yous to come has gone live.

Good stuff Sai!

I like the picture inclusion as well, because as lame as it might sound, I still haven't put faces to everyone's names on boards.

can we give the jokes over and pick round1.ie already ?
    cant have punctuation marks in domains, come on lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Agreed with Farz, this thread is just fracturing and discussing more and more separate topics and it means less and less is going to be achieved with it.

round1.ie, let's go

I agree with the lads.
    Round1.ie is definitely the least in-jokey, the most recognisable, the least specific to any one game and it solves the original problem brought up by Sairus.

All the boxes are ticked. Job done.

Is round one really the best?

Go for it by all means. But was there no better suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

should be voted for??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No.
    Democracy is for suckers.

Don't bother Azza, he agrees with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Anyone see this?

http://www.round1.sg/

Similar name, similar idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Anyone see this?

http://www.round1.sg/

Similar name, similar idea...

Well spotted! I think Animax should have a business meeting with the owner of this website and give him a wedgie so he'll give up the name.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok, if you're going with round1, you're prob going to have to buy roundone too, unless you want to explain "round one, the number not the word" everytime someone asks about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

The first of many new Knowing Me Knowing Yous to come has gone live.
    http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/07/14/knowing-me-knowing-you-atrak/

I'll try to do these wee interviews every weekend from now and have em up on Mondays or something similar.

Good read. Enjoyed that and learned a couple of things. :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Round1 is a great idea, as we may pick up strays from the other site or, even better, some lost souls looking for the game 'EA SPORTS: Fight Night Round 1'. This is definitely a good way of increasing site visits, or even better, if we called it \suck s d*ck.ie\ (a favoured catch phrase of our Northern Irish brethren) we'd get thousands upon thousands of extra hits and traffic...

• Advertisement

we can pick up roundone too, its only €18 per year.
    I do not want to leave it up to public vote, it should be voted amongst the committee. There are several reasons for this. An example closer to home is a Tshirt competition i entered where i made the top 10, but the most ridiculous shirt won. I looked at the guys other stuff and its horrible, its PHOTOSHOP downloaded brushes, placed all over the gaff.

IT MAKES ME FURIOUS !!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Listen to people too much and you get
    simps.gif

p.s: round1.sg is not patented and cant be patented so we can still go with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

To be fair I'll log on to it whatever its, I forgot how messy the voting on here can be!

@farz that car is clearly awesome!

Placebo wrote: »
    Listen to people too much and you get
    simps.gif

Wait, wasn't that car designed exclusively by one person? That's the exact opposite of what's wrong with voting on stuff!

Either way, yes. RoundOne seems to be the least hated name we've tossed around. I say go for it.
    €18 a year. Who's buying it so I can give them money at the next tournament? (I'm fair broke right now, so I can't just buy it myself I'm afraid.)
    Also, as Doom said, we'll need to get both RoundOne and Round1. €36 for a website name seems pretty grand to me.

sorry sagat, that was just a general comment, not aimed at yourself but as you can see Mr Sairus got my number, LOL

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Is round one really the best?

"Best" is subjective, and something we'll never really agree on as a group.

Taking only in terms of yes and no answers though, it's the winner on non-subjective criteria:
    • Is it an in-joke (which is bad) = No
    • Is it recognisable as being related to fighting games = Yes
    • Is it specific to one particular game (like SF.ie is) = No
    • Does it fix the issue of being off-putting to non SF players= Yes

Of the names mentioned, it is not even my favourite, but it is definitely the one I think we should pick.

So yes Mr. Boat, I say this is "Best".

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

o
    • Is it recognisable as being related to fighting games = Yes
    • Is it specific to one particular game (like SF.ie is) = No
    ..........Erm it is (as I've pointed out several times), Fight Night Round One, a recent EA mega hit.

Ken B wrote: »
    ..........Erm it is (as I've pointed out several times), Fight Night Round One, a recent EA mega hit.

I wouldn't really consider them on the same level.
    Firstly, I would be shocked if anyone we plug this site to's first thought will be an EA Boxing Game.
    And then even if it somehow their first thought it won't scare people off like Tekken.ie or StreetFighter.ie will - it'll probably just make it easier to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

round one (or any variation) is crap, boring and there is already sites (multiple)

it's also the arcade in punte hills.

I agree with knee here.

That said, no other suggestion has captured the hearts. And Uber makes some good points.

• Advertisement

we have to be generic here. Its like naming your child, sure you wanna be QUIRKY and COOL and DIFFERENT* and want to name him apple or facebook but lets face it, you're gonna REALLY just call him steve or paul or DAVID.

we're on page 10 here. If its not good enough than feel free to suggest, its not rocket science so knock yourselves out :)

*please note that FARZAD is a common PERSIAN name.

Advertisement