Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INCAPACITATED CHILD TAX CREDIT

Options
  • 05-07-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi - My child has been diagnosed Asbergers and I was wondering if I'm entitled to the above? Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

You can apply for it and domiciliary allowances, it will depend on how the assessment goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I would have thought that unless your child is very severely impacted by Aspergers then you probably would not qualify for the relief , no harm in trying though.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

It can often mean one parent has to stay at home as it is not possible to put them in child care and that's just one issue, like I said it depends on the assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

Ok guys, thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

For the tax credit I think all we needed was a letter from the pediatrician. My child's disability was pretty severe though. Domicillary care allowance was different as there is an assessment. Its all about pointing out what your child cant do at all or not do well. Its a bit depressing but necessary. If you get refused this don't be afraid to appeal . I know people who got it who have children with very mild disabilities indeed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement