Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel router / wireless printer issue

Options
  • 05-07-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I am tearing my hair out on this one. My old Eircom router packed in and the nice folks at Eircom sent me a new Zyxel router. I can connect my PC & Laptop etc. to the internet with no issues but no matter what I do I cannot connect wirelessly to my Samsung ML-2525W printer, either on my PC or my Mac. The installation program keeps coming up with the message "Connecting Failure - Invalid Security". I've tried as much as I can think of, new printer drivers etc., but no joy. Would appreciate any assistance to get beyond this.

Thanks,
    Eric

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

P38Man wrote: »
    I am tearing my hair out on this one. My old Eircom router packed in and the nice folks at Eircom sent me a new Zyxel router. I can connect my PC & Laptop etc. to the internet with no issues but no matter what I do I cannot connect wirelessly to my Samsung ML-2525W printer, either on my PC or my Mac. The installation program keeps coming up with the message "Connecting Failure - Invalid Security". I've tried as much as I can think of, new printer drivers etc., but no joy. Would appreciate any assistance to get beyond this.

Thanks,
    Eric

Hi Eirc,

Thanks for post.

As you say your broadband and wireless connection are working fine on your PC and laptop. I would therefore refer you to the vendor or manufacturer (Samsung) Support.

They should be able to help you connect their device to the eircom standard modem. They may need to replace their configuration disc or they should be able to manually connect the printer.

Their wireless printer may require specific settings and so you should contact Samsung Support, who should be able to advise you further.

As this is a third party configuration we're unable to provide further data,, nor are we able or allowed to replace the Samsung configuration disc.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 44 P38Man

Thanks for the reply. I do not believe that the issue is with the printer or with my PC / Laptop or whatever. Up until this new modem arrived everything worked well.

I have managed to connect to the internet with my devices - desktop PC, MacBookPro; iPOD, iPhone, etc. But then noticed that I can no longer use my Apple TV as it can't see my iTunes libraries on either the PC or the Mac; I can no longer access shared folders on either the PC or the Mac; and I can no longer print wirelessly to my printer from either the PC or the Mac. I cannot even see the other devices on the network!

Eircom broadband support were not concerned coz I could access the internet. They suggested I call someone who knows IT and could help me, or talk to someone in a computer shop, or just buy another modem!

The problem has to be with some settings on the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 P38Man

I found a solution - bought myself an Apple Express, disabled wiFi on the Zyxel, connected the Apple Express to the Zyxel & used the Apple Express for the wireless network. All working fine now.

The Zyxel modem is not fit for purpose, at least not everyone's purpose. But worse than that is the attitude I got from Eircom broadband support. As I live in the sticks I am stuck with Eircom but there will come a day when I will remember what Eircom support should never forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I had the exact same issue with a Kodak wifi printer - it's nothing to do with the printer but the Eicom supplied Zyxel router is not fit for purpose. I solved the problem by putting the Zyxel in bridge mode and used my own router.

Advertisement