Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sportsbowl

Options
  • 05-07-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

Is the sportsbowl in dundalk closed does anyone know?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Its closed for renovations until September.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Its closed for renovations until September.

Cheers Keith!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

The restuarant and bar are still open though, was there the other day. Strange to see the main part all closed up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Was there the other day also, must go again to get the €10 steak dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Word is they are taking the bowling lanes out and putting in a BINGO HALL! :mad:

Hardly progress!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Ahh bingo, all the rage with the kids these days.

In fairness though, was in there bowling a couple of months back and there wasn't a soul in the place.

There were a lot of people eating in the restaurant, but not much action on the bowling front.

If it is true about the bingo, there isn't going to be much to do in the town,
    no Ice Dome, no bowling, not much on in the cinema.

Back to good old fashioned alcoholism I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jamey_29

We drove into the car park last thursday...and it was all locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    In fairness though, was in there bowling a couple of months back and there wasn't a soul in the place.

There were a lot of people eating in the restaurant, but not much action on the bowling front.

It's a terrible location. A town centre bowling ally would do far more business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The prices were terrible , tried to charge me one day about 2 months ago 18euro for a game of bowling that would take half hour for me and the missus. compare that to Dublin which was 9 euro a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

Little Pea wrote: »
    The prices were terrible , tried to charge me one day about 2 months ago 18euro for a game of bowling that would take half hour for me and the missus. compare that to Dublin which was 9 euro a game.

Really that's strange, we were there about a month or so ago and it was only €10 for a half an hour bowling.
    Plus we had the place to ourselves, nice and romantic :p
    Maybe they realised that they were charging too much between the time you were there and the time we was there and that's why it was only a tenner for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

doncarlos wrote: »
    It's a terrible location. A town centre bowling ally would do far more business.

Oh come off it. It's hardly miles out of town. :rolleyes:

Advertisement