Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black out blinds install?

Options
  • 05-07-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

hi all
    would like to know if anyone has had these installed.im working night shifts and struggle to sleep in a bright room during the day.im not into DIY much and would love to know if somewhere in Galway does this and any idea what it would cost for a standard size window
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Try Galway Curtain & Blind centre in Liosbaun, they've 20% off at the minute, can arrange fitting and Martin that works up there and owns the shop is so helpful and dead sound.

Ring and ask for a quote, just do a quick measure of your window as the price is completely dependant on size but a very rough guide for 5*4ft window would be around €100-120 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

ive tried the static sheets but the problem is my cats love to tear them down and rip them up!i find they dont last long either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

ive tried the static sheets but the problem is my cats love to tear them down and rip them up!i find they dont last long either
    You are welcome

Google is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Have you tried a blindfold, like people wear on a long plane trip ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I got blinds from the Celtic Futon Store, who are now in Liosban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Good find amiable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

If they are velux windows then nearly any blind shop does them, if it's a normal window, well i don't really know. I presume they do them too> i have the velux window ones and they are excellent, room is pitch black during the day. except there sometimes can be light bleeding through from under the door, draught excluder would solve that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Sellotape black bin bags to your window,it will do the trick temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

Fey! wrote: »
    I got blinds from the Celtic Futon Store, who are now in Liosban.

would recommend this one too - very good service not a bit pushy and reasonable... only thing is she is busy and generally might take a bit longer than others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

A blind really is very easy to fit. Just get a blackout roller blind from a DIY like B&Q & it doesn't have to be black !. The standard ones have coloured fabric on one side & an impermeable coating on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

NIGHTSHADE_SLEEP_EYE_MASK_ADJUSTABLE_ANATOMICALLY_CONTOURED_SLEEPING_EYE_MASK_ELIMINATES_ALL_DISTURBING_LIGHT_Soft_fabric_for_maximum_next_to_skin_comfort_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Op you can also get blackout curtain linings which are just as good as blinds and easier to fit. Most curtain shops sell them and you just take your curtains down and attach these onto them with hooks. Couldn't be easier. You should definitely get some sort of blackout set up though,it makes a massive difference these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I just got 3 blinds installed in out house today by Better blinds who gave 25% off. It costed €300 for the lot... so €100 euro for one perhaps? They are good quality.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Op you can also get blackout curtain linings which are just as good as blinds and easier to fit. Most curtain shops sell them and you just take your curtains down and attach these onto them with hooks. Couldn't be easier. You should definitely get some sort of blackout set up though,it makes a massive difference these days.

+ 1

That's what I did for our little lad's room, wasn't very expensive but you need to sew on the lining.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement