Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Warranty

Options
  • 05-07-2011 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I recently (Last month) bought a Lenovo laptop from a reputable uk online shop. Just yesterday the headphone jack stopped outputting audio on the left earphone.

It's definitely a hardware issue with the headphone jack as I have tried different headphones, even a different operating system! Plus there's no crackling like a headphone jack normally has when it's loose, it's actually just completely silent on the left headphone.

I was just wondering what my next step is in terms of using my warranty to get it repaired is. Do I contact the manufacturer? If so, how? (the uk online retailer states on their website that the warranty for the laptop is direct with lenovo) Just unsure of how to go about getting it fixed, any feedback greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Whatever the supplier's website says, your contract is with them.

However, most people would go for the cheapest and quickest option, and if this meant dealing with Lenovo direct, then that's what I would do. Have they got a base in Ireland, and do they have a system whereby you don't have to pay any transport costs?

When a monitor that I got from Dabs.ie conked out, I dealt directly with Benq, who sent a new one out with a courier, who then swapped it with my defective one, before taking it away. It was a much quicker turnaround than sending the defective one back to Dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Whatever the supplier's website says, your contract is with them.

However, most people would go for the cheapest and quickest option, and if this meant dealing with Lenovo direct, then that's what I would do. Have they got a base in Ireland, and do they have a system whereby you don't have to pay any transport costs?

When a monitor that I got from Dabs.ie conked out, I dealt directly with Benq, who sent a new one out with a courier, who then swapped it with my defective one, before taking it away. It was a much quicker turnaround than sending the defective one back to Dabs.

Hmm if they could swap mine around that would be great, haven't been able to find any contact information for an irish office for them yet :/ did you just email Benq support?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hmm if they could swap mine around that would be great, haven't been able to find any contact information for an irish office for them yet :/ did you just email Benq support?

I went to the UK Benq site and took it from there.

There must be some information on the Lenovo site somewhere.

http://www.lenovo.com/contact/ie/en/

Advertisement