Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in limerick i can get replacement laptop batteries

• 05-07-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

And extra memory , its a dell latitude d430

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Buy online

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

I'd say you would have to get the battery online but you could get memory in Maplin or PC World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not in Limerick but D420 Battery: http://www.adverts.ie/laptops/dell-latitude-d420-d430-series-battery/701249

Memory: http://www.offtek.co.uk/ram-memory-2/dell/dell-memory/latitude-d430/mid76886

The D430 is old now so new parts are getting scarcer hence they become more expensive to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

try some of the chinese repair shops enet, qq on wickham street.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

Seriously. ON-line is your best bet. I wouldn't trust any Limerick shop to have quality batteries anyway. EBAY is your friend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Mcjmetroid wrote: »
    Seriously. ON-line is your best bet. I wouldn't trust any Limerick shop to have quality batteries anyway.

This is true!
    EBAY is your friend :)

When it comes to computer parts.. This is not true!

Buy online, but from better quality sites - Here is a building and upgrading FAQ from the C&T Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

For old scarce laptop batterys, I've been using ebay for the last few years - I always find what I'm trying to source there. :)

Memory is a totally different story though, best off buying that from well-known e-tailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Do you recommend any particular online sites that supply GOOD QUALITY batteries? I've ordered from ebay before and the quality was poor.

Advertisement