Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Welding job

• 05-07-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I need someone to solder a copper coupling to a stainless steel valve. I have no chance doing it myself but I am wondering if such a small job would be undertaken by a welder? I need to use lead free and food grade solder.

Does anyone know if, generally, welders would take on such a small job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭brian_t

Does the welder have to come to you or can you bring the job to him?

If you can go to him then in my experience NO job is too small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

brian_t wrote: »
    Does the welder have to come to you or can you bring the job to him?

If you can go to him then in my experience NO job is too small.

Thanks - I would have thought I would have went to him, so it should be fine. It's a small piece that would fit in my pocket so transport is no problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

tbh, anyone these days who turns any sort of work down is a twat and doesn't deserve to be in business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

azzeretti wrote: »
    I need someone to solder a copper coupling to a stainless steel valve. I have no chance doing it myself but I am wondering if such a small job would be undertaken by a welder? I need to use lead free and food grade solder.

Does anyone know if, generally, welders would take on such a small job?

this guy does the job - not sure how competent you are but it might be worth a go

Advertisement