Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up an online business

Options
  • 05-07-2011 9:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭

hi folks,

I have what i consider a good idea for an online business. It is essentially an online info service gaining revenue from advertising. There is nothing out there as specific as the idea i have, anyone shed any light on how i might even look at getting this up and running? I have no idea of how to set up an online business just a good idea and vision as to how it can operate.
    Many thanks for reading my post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Well obviously it would involve building a website of some sort. Depending on how complicated your concept is, this can vary in price by quite a bit.

Before investing any time or money, you should have a good look through the web and see if anyone else has done the same thing as you intend on doing.

If you do find a similar site, it's not necessarily a bad thing - maybe your idea can improve upon theirs, or maybe you can approach it in a different way.

In any case, you need to first put out the feelers and see if there is interest for what you're proposing. It's all well and good having an idea and telling nobody about it, and still thinking it's a great idea, but if it turns out that it's not actually a good idea then you've wasted a lot. The only way to really test this is to put it out there and get as much feedback as you can.

Don't worry too much about people stealing your idea, if you tell someone an idea they might think it's great, but they'll also be aware that you've put a lot more thought and research in to it and thus have a head start, which in turn makes it less enticing for them to try and steal it anyway.

Advertisement