Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Interior Architecture on the Skills List for Australia?

Options
  • 05-07-2011 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I'm looking to move to Australia and am wondering if there is work over there for Interior Architects and if my skill is on the list?

Any and all help very welcome.

Thanks,

Emma

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Interior Designer-232551 on SOL schedule 2.

Try looking up induvidual states migration plans.

google "New South Wales state migration plan" see if its on that list or on the plans of other states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 emmacollins7

Thanks a million, I'll try that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

If it is on the skills list there is work .... otherwise it wouldn't be there.

OK, one other question. Would anyone have a sample CV for design work in Australia or know where I could get one?

Just use your CV for Ireland .... there's no difference, once you send it to recruitment agencies they'll edit it anyway!

• Advertisement

I heard that australian cv's are alot shorter than ours and I'd rather not go through agencies as its an extra cost I can't afford. :)

I heard that australian cv's are alot shorter than ours and I'd rather not go through agencies as its an extra cost I can't afford. :)

Nope, they all look the same, any CV I got in Oz has usually been 2-3 pages
    1/2 page introduction, 1.5 pages education and qualification

No need for any school info, or interests etc

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

agencies make there money by finding employees for employers. You do not pay the agency and if your asked its most likely a scam.

OK, thanks so much for all the info, it has been really helpful.

Hi again, does anyone know someone who got a job in Australia using an agency while still living in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Hi again, does anyone know someone who got a job in Australia using an agency while still living in Ireland?

not an agency but a job yeah direct company yeah ... agency usually want the quickest for job (quick = money for them)

Thanks Hussey! I've got more questions....sorry:p

If I get a job directly but the company won't sponsor me, or would that happen? Anyway, what is the best thing to do to get in to OZ? My skills are on the list, however I'm over the age of the working abroad visa, would I have to go for immigration or just is there another type of visa?

thanks again!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

If I get a job directly but the company won't sponsor me, or would that happen?

Company might not be interested or eligible to sponsor, in that case you probably wont be able to take the job unless the employer is willing to wait 6 months - 2 years for a general skills migration visa to be processed. (unlikely)
    what is the best thing to do to get in to OZ? My skills are on the list, however I'm over the age of the working abroad visa, would I have to go for immigration or just is there another type of visa?

thanks again!:)

You would need to go either

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/175/
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/

To be honest Sponsoring is the quickest option, but definitely not the easiest.

Right, so I'll need a killer portfolio and a company that are willing to sponsor me! That's not Killamanjaro but its' near enough! :o

I see you're in OZ Mandrake. How long did it take you to get all your visa stuff together? Have you been there long?:rolleyes:

I been here 6 years, came on a WHV --> Sponsored on 457 --> Sponsored 856 --> Citizen.

Didn't really matter how long it took for me I was in Oz though out the processes.

Is there any way of getting over to OZ without a job or a immigration visa and then looking for work and getting sponsored that way? Or, do you have to have either the correct visa or sponsorhip?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is there any way of getting over to OZ without a job or a immigration visa and then looking for work and getting sponsored that way? Or, do you have to have either the correct visa or sponsorhip?
    A WHV (working holiday visa). Is a path to Oz without a job or with out an immigration visa. The same path mandrake, myself and most of the people who end up over here >2 years take

My only problem is I'm too old for the working Visa by a few years or two! So, any chance anyone knows of any other way or is sponsorhip the best way to go? Thanks a mill

The other 3 ways have been listed already.
    Sponsorship/Sponsored migration/Migration

Mellor wrote: »

You forgot this one http://rsvp.com.au :D

• Advertisement

Thanks Mellor, I can't migrate as I have debt here in Dublin, so its the sponsorhip route for me. Do yoi know when you get sponsored if your family are automatically on your visa application too?

hussey wrote: »
    You forgot this one http://rsvp.com.au :D
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Thanks Mellor, I can't migrate as I have debt here in Dublin, so its the sponsorhip route for me. Do yoi know when you get sponsored if your family are automatically on your visa application too?

I don't see how debt stops you migrating?

The family isn't automatic, you have to apply for them by filling out a section on the form and the employer has to be aware that they are on the application. It can be done at the same time as you or afterwards.

I don't see how debt stops you migrating?

The family isn't automatic, you have to apply for them by filling out a section on the form and the employer has to be aware that they are on the application. It can be done at the same time as you or afterwards.
    Hi Mellor, I heard from someone yesterday that you have to be debt free to apply for a migration visa? Is that not true?

Hi Mellor, I heard from someone yesterday that you have to be debt free to apply for a migration visa? Is that not true?

Untrue

As long as you don't owe the Australian government you should be alright.

OK, great thanks a mill.

Hi Mandrake and Hussey, I'm not eligible for the migration visa so I'm going for the 457 visa. I went to a visafirst talk the other night and I've requested info from them as they say they can find work for me. However they are saying it's gonna cost me 2700 euro to get this visa does that sound correct?

Also, do you know of anyone who has had a good experience and success with visafirst?

They are asking for a payment of 1550 euro and then a further 600 euro. Plus 500 as I have a 6 year old daughter.

Thanks for your help.

You are going pay €2700 because visa first said they can find you a sponsor are you f**king mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Hi Emma I went to a visa first talk a few years ago and was not a bit impressed, lots of fast talking guaranteeing loads of work and jobs. I am still here!! The only way I can go as I have a family etc is on a sponsored visa, the general skills migration visa is a lot of money with nothing guaranteed at the end. I was at a recruitment expo for western Australia a few weeks ago and fingers crossed something might come out of that. Best of luck!!

• Advertisement

emma - no, I would not trust them at all.

A friend recently had to go through an agent with work and they cost $2 (1500Euro) - 2700 is unbelievably high

Can you negotiate?

Visa first are NOT a sponsor, they are an agent, having a child is not a cost to them at all.

I wouldn't really believe them to be honest, unless they can deliver a iron cast work contract - ask for this, then if they say give us money first then no

Advertisement