Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Interior Architecture on the Skills List for Australia?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 emmacollins7

No6 wrote: »
    Hi Emma I went to a visa first talk a few years ago and was not a bit impressed, lots of fast talking guaranteeing loads of work and jobs. I am still here!! The only way I can go as I have a family etc is on a sponsored visa, the general skills migration visa is a lot of money with nothing guaranteed at the end. I was at a recruitment expo for western Australia a few weeks ago and fingers crossed something might come out of that. Best of luck!!

Hi, I read about that in the paper. Would you mind telling me how I can go about getting in touch with the people who ran that. I'm really keen to try and make a better life for myself and my daughter and being a designer, I'm losing my skills over here.

Thanks so much, Emma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 emmacollins7

hussey wrote: »
    emma - no, I would not trust them at all.

A friend recently had to go through an agent with work and they cost $2 (1500Euro) - 2700 is unbelievably high

Can you negotiate?

Visa first are NOT a sponsor, they are an agent, having a child is not a cost to them at all.

I wouldn't really believe them to be honest, unless they can deliver a iron cast work contract - ask for this, then if they say give us money first then no

Hey Hussey, yes its ounds like its just a money making scam. I think I'll soldiier on with what I was doing which was going through the motions myself and sending out my CV myself. Thanks for the help. EmmaC :)

Advertisement