Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interrailing

• 05-07-2011 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Myself and two others are heading off interraling for 3 weeks. We are heading to Berlin, Krakow, Prague, Munich, Vienna, Bled, Ljubjiana, Split and flying home from Zadar.

Any advice on what to bring, what to do, where to stay etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stephenmario

Malkeiri wrote: »
    Myself and two others are heading off interraling for 3 weeks. We are heading to Berlin, Krakow, Prague, Munich, Vienna, Bled, Ljubjiana, Split and flying home from Zadar.

Any advice on what to bring, what to do, where to stay etc. would be greatly appreciated.

I did most of those cities over 2 interrailing trips.

The last year I went I fly into Zedar, really nice place you should defo spend a day there, we didn't even go into the old part of the city which is supposed to be the nicest part, we just went out and it was a good laugh. For most places in Crotia once you get off the bus/train/ferry you will get mobbed by people trying to get you to stay in there apartments. When we were in zedar we had nothing booked it was around 10 o clock and a guy just walked up to us and offered us an apartment for a very resonable price so we were like ya ok its normal here, he also drove us where we need to go in the morning. so you don't have to worry about accomadation really for split and zedar.

For Ljubjiana, there was only 2 hostels there when I was there owned by the same guy, he cannot keep track of time so don't plan anything with him with deadlines. Probably should book in advance...we didn't and got away with it tho. He did organise a rental car for us to drive to bled. Bled is very nice only did a day trip there so don't have much advise on it. The Lake is very nice and it did look like there was a lot of outdoor activities there.

Vienna, again didn't book anything just stayed in the first hostel we came to. The city itself is very nice loads of meusums and statues and all that type of thing, nightlife is very different to here, underground loud techno clubs are all we were able to find...

Prague, again didn't book anything just stayed in the first hostel we came to. The nightclub there is unreal, I think its the biggest in europe. Also a lot to see in the way of castle and stuff.

All the hostels were around €15-18 a night, you can get accom cheaper in croatia because you can haggle and you'll end up with a nicer room/apartment more than likely.. All in all from germany to croatia I enjoyed the night life more as I got to croatia.

Advertisement