Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sonnen: Suspension up, immediately begins talking sh1t again.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Chael Sonnen, the most interesting man on the planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHAHA classic Sonnen. When Sonnen starts a story with "True Story..." you know its gonna be good. The Nog twins feeding and petting a bus haha. I'm a fan of Sonnen, ya talks ****e but I find him highly entertaining. Can't see him going to brazil for UFC 134 tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Would love to see how he gets on now with no búllshít HRT..... or will he be back on it?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

or will he be back on it?

S.

He'll have to apply for an exemption in the State he is fighting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tito Ortiz wrote: »
    The only downside is Sonnen will get sh1t if he starts talking smack about the army hero Stann :rolleyes:
    He's never going to do that. He's a republican so he is very much pro-military. I imagine he'll be pretty respectful of his marine background.
    dlofnep wrote: »
    There's nothing more irritating than an overly-patriotic US marine.
    Id Stann overly Patriotic? Or do the UFC bill him as a former marine, the two are very different
    ScareGilly wrote: »
    I can see why people would do that, but to say he didn't back it up is a joke, even if he was overusing the TRT treatment..
    I agree. I certainly not in the "doesn't count, he was on steroids camp"
    I think he would had a chance clean, but if he gets a rematch, Silva will just adapt and not get caught. And pull off some savage KO.
    I knew that, it was a bit of a joke on my behalf due to Chael calling Anderson an actor :rolleyes: But I agree, piss off more fighters.. Not Seagal..
    Agreed. Can't stand Seagal getting any more exposure. Wish he'd go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

The more I see of him the more I think he is a very shrewd operator. Yes he is arrogant, cocky and disrespectful but you need to stand out from the crowd to get the big fights and you can do that by being the best fighter, being a pioneer or being completely unpredictable. In entertainment, any publicity is good publicity and he is like the Michael O'Leary of MMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

RoboRat wrote: »
    The more I see of him the more I think he is a very shrewd operator. Yes he is arrogant, cocky and disrespectful but you need to stand out from the crowd to get the big fights and you can do that by being the best fighter, being a pioneer or being completely unpredictable. In entertainment, any publicity is good publicity and he is like the Michael O'Leary of MMA.

I have my doubts about how shrewd he is.

He is incredibly good at creating interest in his fights making him very shrewd.

His dealings with commision and his real estate licence being revoked make me question then how shrewd he is.

A fascinating guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Xlami wrote: »
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/07/07/backstage-with-chael-sonnen/

Chael's 20 minute interview with the little mermaid.

Fairly ****e tbh. Just an unfunny rant about Wandy.

Fairly sh*te? Did you even watch it? It was amazing - this guy knows how to cut a promo.
    Amazing clip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I have my doubts about how shrewd he is.

He is incredibly good at creating interest in his fights making him very shrewd.

His dealings with commision and his real estate licence being revoked make me question then how shrewd he is.

A fascinating guy.

True, im looking at his ability to create interest for his fights, his 'persona' per say and his self marketing. This thread has gone to 4 pages already so he is a bit of a marmite fighter... love him or loathe him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Mellor wrote: »

Id Stann overly Patriotic? Or do the UFC bill him as a former marine, the two are very different

Does it really matter? Only an overly sensitive crybaby would get offended by a Former Marine showing pride in his service and his Country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

never noticed how funny Chaels voice is before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

"WERE YOU LISTENING WHEN I SAID HE TRIED TO FEED THE BUS A CARROT?!?"

Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Great stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 K.Byrne_BJJ

hes one funny lad, always loves to mouth but infairness he goes into fights like with anderson and backs up everything he says, until the last 30 secs :D.... "he thought the bus was a horse" brilliant

Sonnen's Twitter

I ask Brazil for a fight, and Machida answers.I ask for a REAL fight, and a Marine steps up.I see you hiding Lyoto, and I won't forget this.

There won't be any trash talk from Chael here about Brian Stann. According to this article, Chael even emailed Stann a few weeks ago to ask him could he sort out a couple of jobs for 2 of Chael's ex-military buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

MrStuffins wrote: »
    There won't be any trash talk from Chael here about Brian Stann. According to this article, Chael even emailed Stann a few weeks ago to ask him could he sort out a couple of jobs for 2 of Chael's ex-military buddies.

Good find, wonder if the buddies of his also lost their realtor license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

poor guy is clearly not the full shiling...his twitter is hilarious..

A lot of people are wondering about the reasoning behind this fight. It's more genius from Joe Silva. Simply because of the long term rather than short term. Chael is coming of a suspension so you're not just gonna throw him into a Main Event. The highest he can go is Co-Main Event. Put him in against Wandi, he wins, then what?

But, put him in agains Stann and it's win-win for UFC. (Should Silva beat Okami) Chael wins and they have their ultimate grudge match between him and Silva. Stann wins and their All-American hero gets a shot at the title. UFC don't lose here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭MrsStuffings

A lot of people are wondering about the reasoning behind this fight. It's more genius from Joe Silva. Simply because of the long term rather than short term. Chael is coming of a suspension so you're not just gonna throw him into a Main Event. The highest he can go is Co-Main Event. Put him in against Wandi, he wins, then what?

But, put him in agains Stann and it's win-win for UFC. (Should Silva beat Okami) Chael wins and they have their ultimate grudge match between him and Silva. Stann wins and their All-American hero gets a shot at the title. UFC don't lose here.

true but the problem is the fight itself. both fighters have great respect for each other, no animosity or bad blood to get the casual fans interested and opening their wallets. no sh1t talking from chael to stir the pre fight hype pot. i hope he wins, id like to see him against silva again.

true but the problem is the fight itself. both fighters have great respect for each other, no animosity or bad blood to get the casual fans interested and opening their wallets. no sh1t talking from chael to stir the pre fight hype pot. i hope he wins, id like to see him against silva again.

That's largely the point, Chael is already disgraced in the eyes of some MMA fans, and in the eyes of many casual viewers from his issues with the Feds.

Getting him to shut up for a little while about an opponent might just be a good thing for his marketability in the long term.

No one likes Chael because they think he believes what he says, people like him because he is a button pusher who can say the most retarded **** with a straight face and carry that act into the cage. If Chael came back and instantly started talking **** against an opponent then that other guy could just sit there and make jokes about Chael cheating and stealing.

Stann won't talk ****, and in Stann Chael has opponent he won't talk **** about.

It's a perfect comeback fight for him.

• Advertisement

Wait........... MrsStuffings? What? That's confusing :pac:

Wait........... MrsStuffings? What? That's confusing :pac:

lol, congrats dude! :p

Advertisement