Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a skate park by Fitzgeralds park?

Options
  • 05-07-2011 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Heard from a mate of mine that there's one close by, was hoping someone could confirm it and is it easy to spot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Here it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Nah. Most of those skateboarding eejits spend their time jumping off the courthouse steps and annoying the shyte out of those of us who are trying to walk down the South Mall :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Nah. Most of those skateboarding eejits spend their time jumping off the courthouse steps and annoying the shyte out of those of us who are trying to walk down the South Mall :rolleyes:

You must be very sensitive if people skateboarding outside the court house can annoy you while your walking down the South Mall.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

You must be very sensitive if people skateboarding outside the court house can annoy you while your walking down the South Mall.

Haha, classic :)

And there is one in next to Fitz park, small but it's there!

Thankfully I've never found myself having to go up the courthouse steps but I have found myself walking down the South Mall and doing my best to avoid the morons on their skateboards. If you can't understand my comment, then you must be a skateboarder too.

• Advertisement

If you can't understand my comment, then you must be a skateboarder too.

It reads how it reads Harry.

What's with all the hatin' on skateboarders?

All I ever see is a bunch of young people having a good time on their skateboards.

Probably one of the least intimidating bunch of young uns you could ever meet.

Hey Harry, next time you pass a bunch of skate boarders ask 'em for a go off one of their boards and watch them welcome you to try ;).

It reads how it reads Harry.

What's with all the hatin' on skateboarders?

All I ever see is a bunch of young people having a good time on their skateboards.

Probably one of the least intimidating bunch of young uns you could ever meet.

Hey Harry, next time you pass a bunch of skate boarders ask 'em for a go off one of their boards and watch them welcome you to try ;).

Maybe you're not very familiar with the term "conjunction"; particularly when it applies to the grammatical construction of a sentence? I suggest you Google it. Apparently you can pick up Wi-Fi near the Courthouse these days. Maybe you could bring your laptop along the next time you go skateboarding in Washington Street??

I gave up skateboarding when I was 10 so I'd look a bit silly on a skateboard these days, although that doesn't seem to stop a lot of twenty and thirty-somethings from doing it ;).

Maybe you're not very familiar with the term "conjunction"; particularly when it applies to the grammatical construction of a sentence? I suggest you Google it. Apparently you can pick up Wi-Fi near the Courthouse these days. Maybe you could bring your laptop along the next time you go skateboarding in Washington Street??

I gave up skateboarding when I was 10 so I'd look a bit silly on a skateboard these days, although that doesn't seem to stop a lot of twenty and thirty-somethings from doing it ;).

I'm in my 30's. I haven't been on a skateboard for many many years. I remember having a shit load of fun when I used to use them and never hurting anyone except myself.

Could I use one now? Probably not - but I wish I could - looks like a lot of fun :).

Peace brah.

I'm in my 30's. I haven't been on a skateboard for many many years. I rememeber having a shit load of fun when I used to use them and never hurting anyone except myself.

Could I use one now? Probably not - but I wish I could - looks like a lot of fun :).

Peace brah.

I agree Chuck. I'm not really in the mood to be incurring the wrath of skateboarders. As you say, they're not the worst of them. They wouldn't be the kind of people to mug me on the way home from a night out and they'd probably use a park if they were given the proper facilities by the Corpo.

Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Better tell Tony Hawk he looks silly :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Yeah, Mardyke Walk, can't miss it really

Very few people in Cork have ever done that. It is definitely NOT attempted every day, I know that for a fact.

It's extremely fun

Advertisement