Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for RPG players in Navan

Options
  • 05-07-2011 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Yeah hi.
    I have quite a bit experience in playing forum post-by-post RPGs, but for the past two years I've been seriously yearning to try and play it like it was meant to be played - face to face with a bunch of people you enjoy being around.
    I couldn't do that where I lived before, and was thus quite excited about moving to Navan, yet I can't find anyone sharing the hobby here as well.

Now somebody has advised me to try and post on these boards, so here I am, desperately hoping for a miracle. To find somebody who shares my hobby

A message in a bottle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DamianWolff

This is sad in SO many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

What type/genre games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

This is sad in SO many ways.

sad-panda.jpg
    Sad panda sad.

Sharrow,I played, so far, several games in World of Darkness (Vampire The Masquerade and the newWoD Werewolf), several GURPS games, played on several fantasy-oriented chats, and some other stuff.

In terms of system I would looooove to play Dark Heresy, Call of Cthulhu, Continuum, Paranoia. Hell, the only thing I wouldn't want to play is FATAL, everything else is fair play.

In terms of genre - mystery, horror, social, thriller, fantasy, science-fiction. Quite a lot, you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭IrishMactire

I'm Navan based, have dabbled in Table Top RPGs and Larp'ing about. If you are getting a sci-fi tabletop, or any kind of larp going; Let me know.

• Advertisement

294c66afbbf7.jpg

And now there are two of us! And as long as a single of us stands, we are LEGION!

Two more people and a DM and we could have a gaming party!

294c66afbbf7.jpg

Is that from Eldorado by any chance?

122da2b43b4e.jpg
    No, that's Dean from The Iron Giant. If you haven't seen it - go see it. Download it, buy it, steal it. It's just that good. A great sci-fi animated film.

And, since we touched upon it, Eldorado was awesome!
    475a3dea53eb.jpg

No, that's Dean from The Iron Giant. If you haven't seen it - go see it. Download it, buy it, steal it. It's just that good. A great sci-fi animated film.

And, since we touched upon it, Eldorado was awesome!

I saw The Iron Giant years ago, I forget a lot of it. As for Eldorado, I am not sure if I have ever seen it in its entirety in one sitting.

Both are great movies.
    But I find it a bit difficult to concentrate on them, now that I know that I'm not the only RPG player in Navan.

While I don't want to be imposing or anything, saying the following phrase was the reason behind me starting this thread.
    So, here goes:
    Do you think you, your sister or other folk of your circle would have an issue with me joining you on your games? Or at least with us meeting up, for starters.

Again, I repeat that I don't want to impose ,yourself. If you'd rather not, I will be perfectly fine with that.

• Advertisement

Both are great movies.
    But I find it a bit difficult to concentrate on them, now that I know that I'm not the only RPG player in Navan.

While I don't want to be imposing or anything, saying the following phrase was the reason behind me starting this thread.
    So, here goes:
    Do you think you, your sister or other folk of your circle would have an issue with me joining you on your games? Or at least with us meeting up, for starters.

Again, I repeat that I don't want to impose ,yourself. If you'd rather not, I will be perfectly fine with that.

Well we don;t actually have anything going on at the moment, we haven;t had for some months now. They were busy with college and I was busy with work, so I haven't RPG'd in quite a while.
    I would let you join our games if we had any going on, but at the mo' we don't. The two main reasons are; We are all too lazy to organise it. And we don't have anyone who wants to be the GM(/DM).

Well, that's a pity.

Queue the "Sad Panda" picture... Again

DamianWollf uses Sad Panda

IrishMactíre counters with KungFuPanda;

kungfupanda_450x300.jpg

IrishMactíre counters with KungFuPanda;

kungfupanda_450x300.jpg
    It's super effective.

At the very least, I think we should pick a day everybody is comfortable with and meet up. Yeah, I know it's kinda spontaneous, but on the other hand - it's summer. When can one think of the best time to meet new people? Granted it all such meetings start with an awkward moment of silence, but hey, at least we would have a definite topic to discuss.

e177ff3d7ded.jpg

It's super effective.

At the very least, I think we should pick a day everybody is comfortable with and meet up. Yeah, I know it's kinda spontaneous, but on the other hand - it's summer. When can one think of the best time to meet new people? Granted it all such meetings start with an awkward moment of silence, but hey, at least we would have a definite topic to discuss.

e177ff3d7ded.jpg

Well I don't know if the others would be interested, I will say it to them and see how they feel. Most of them aren't really big into the RPG scene. If you want to meet we could just meet in the pub sometime, a little booze to loosen the gears and break the ice, and all that other first meeting awkwardness. I usually hit Smyth's on the Square of a weekend... Not this weekend though as I fly to America in the morn'.

drive-me-closer.jpg

I don't think I will be in the condition to go this week anyway, I thought about the next week or whenever you and the rest have time and are in the right mood. Bur I like the idea of meeting up at Smyth's, so that's a start.

PS. Gotta love that Commissar in that demotivator.

6f18ab66dfa9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shadowsoul

Hey Guys! I'm just in from the states and I am looking for a gaming group. I am here in Greystones and if anyone knows of anyone close please let me know. Thanks.

I don't think I will be in the condition to go this week anyway, I thought about the next week or whenever you and the rest have time and are in the right mood. Bur I like the idea of meeting up at Smyth's, so that's a start.

PS. Gotta love that Commissar in that demotivator.

Just back from a holiday abroad (And I want to go away again!... typical), so Only seeing your message now. If I amn't working this Sunday we could meet in Smyth's on Saturday night?

battlestar_galactica_630px.jpg

Congrats on your holiday!
    Saw your message just now. Guess it won't be this Saturday :(
    However that's not the only problem you were gone I ended engaging. Kinda hard to explain, but for the next month or more I won't be able to drink or even snack. I know, sounds horrible, but there is a good goal to it.

On the positive side, I generally get much more tense (rather than relaxed) when I've had a glass or two, so maybe it's for the best. I still find it to be a good Idea to meet, up, it's just that I will be mostly talking rather than drinking or snacking. Hope that's not bad.
    Now we just need to settle for a day to meet.
    Kinda feel guilty about not checking this page yesterday.

Battlestar-Galactica-003.jpg

Don't worry about it, I ended up working Saturday and Sunday so it wouldn;t have suited me anyway.

I'm only getting around to replying now 'cause work is crazy busy, I just come home in the evenings and collapse infront of the Xbox or a good book, no brain or muscle power for anything else. xD

We could still meet in Smyth's some evening, even if drinking won't be had, its just a handy place to meet. Or we could meet somewhere else earlier in a day. 'S up to you.

stargate-sg1-06.jpg

• Advertisement

Hey, IrishMactire, sorry for not answering for so long. I did my leaving cert this year, so I had a lot on my mind, with the results finally arriving. But know I'm finally done with that, and still eager to meet up. I'm open every day of the week next week, so if you're still out there and haven't lost your interest - I'll be waiting.

5230776fb3ea.jpg

Advertisement