Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Smalfut.jpg

Uncanny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

ninja900 wrote: »
    Jesus. You could have warned us about the picture.

I could have... but where's the fun in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

That is something that I really, really wish I hadn't seen. ever. I feel like I need to wash my eyes out with lemonparty it's so horrific and disgusting :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Links234 wrote: »
    That is something that I really, really wish I hadn't seen. ever. I feel like I need to wash my eyes out with lemonparty it's so horrific and disgusting :eek:

Well, I take it you didn't see the naked photo of Nell McCafferty which those bastards in the Irish Times printed, without warning, on page 9 of an issue some years ago. Turned over from page 7 while eating my lunch and nearly spat it all over the table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What was Sinead O'Connor thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I would like to know why is that every time I see a warning or set of negative comments about a picture in that link I still proceed to click the link anyway and spend the rest of the day or series of days wishing I didn't? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Jernal wrote: »
    I would like to know why is that every time I see a warning or set of negative comments about a picture in that link I still proceed to click the link anyway and spend the rest of the day or series of days wishing I didn't? :o

Me too. :(

If I wasn't a lesbian before seeing that I would be after....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

@DavQuinn

Venomous and toxic social media out of control http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2013/0104/1224328422900.html#.UOb6PQGqMSg.twitter … Great piece by John Waters today.

Someone loves John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Sarky wrote: »

"Jesus...?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    If I wasn't a lesbian before seeing that I would be after....

Damn near turned me into one too.

Oh wait.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Nodin wrote: »
    "Jesus...?"

'Chewbacca? Is that you???'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

You went wrong with the last word there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

She's a free spirit kinda gal, don't judge...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

ninja900 wrote: »
    She's a free spirit kinda gal, don't judge...

Did Sinead have her 'lesbian' phase after John? T'would explain a lot..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

koth wrote: »
    Mr. Waters doesn't like people saying mean things about him? One way to curb that is to stop being an ass!

He wants to shutdown a service that has over 140 million users because of probably less than 100 users? It's not as if the tweets he didn't like are sent to his inbox, he has to search them out. Which is even more difficult to do because (AFAIK) he isn't a registered user.

What about twitters like these? People mobilised to clean up London after the riots in 2011. And that's just the most obvious example I can think of, there are plenty more examples if you go looking.
    Ah yes, but you are looking at what's on Twitter - John Waters seems to think that the less he knows of something, the better off he is to sermonise on it.
    And the suggestion that people who don't use pseudonyms will be more civil/courteous is a nonsense. Unless twitter verifies every user, how would anyone know that a user is who they claim to be?
    Publishing under his own name certainly didn't stop Waters making the comment about shutting Twitter down and burning the owners' body in oil!
    Mr. Waters just seemed like the following in my head after reading his article.
    Back in the 1990s he had a bit of a bee in his bonnet about mobile phones (he was agin' them of course). I happened to read a piece a while back where he mentioned the Dundrum shopping centre and, in passing, his mobile phone. So he'll probably get on Twitter in about 15-20 years (assuming it's still operating).

He does have an internet presence - at http://www.johnwaters.ie/ - the site doesn't seem to be updated very often - the copyright date is 2008 and the articles page doesn't have any articles - just a link to the Irish Times, but it's an old domain, not their current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

A blogger (Mr. Waters' favourite kind of person) has estimated the worth of the most recent article:
    http://www.boomingback.org/2013/01/the-true-value-of-john-waters.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭swampgas

tawnyowl wrote: »
    A blogger (Mr. Waters' favourite kind of person) has estimated the worth of the most recent article:
    http://www.boomingback.org/2013/01/the-true-value-of-john-waters.html

Hmmm. That does provide an explanation to why the Irish Times keeps printing his nonsense.

Less valuable than a picture of a horse's cock? Who'd have guessed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Less valuable than a picture of a horse's cock? Who'd have guessed?
    I wonder what Breda 'Iona' O'Brien is worth. Anyone care to see how she compares to a horses cock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Well her articles are a load of horseshít. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

lazygal wrote: »
    I wonder what Breda 'Iona' O'Brien is worth. Anyone care to see how she compares to a horses cock?

Well the horse's member has a useful purpose. Now Breda......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I'll never be able to unsee that picture of John Waters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Electric shock therapy might do the trick.

And he has the gall to whine about people from the internet offending HIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I wonder will we ever feature in a John Waterboarding article? Or has boards.ie already fallen under the dour gaze of Ireland's leading voice in the moral crusade against people being rude on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

robindch wrote: »
    I'll never be able to unsee that picture of John Waters.

Don't know if this will work for you, but I find that people who have myopia have a distinct advantage on recovering from traumatic pictures on the internet.
    Step one : Remove all optical aids.
    Step two : Wash face with cold water.
    Step three : View traumatic picture.
    Step four : Repeat step two and dry face.

With any luck the image that's now stuck in your head will be as blurred as your uncorrected vision so it will be far less traumatising. :)

Jernal wrote: »
    Don't know if this will work for you, but I find that people who have myopia have a distinct advantage on recovering from traumatic pictures on the internet.
    Step one : Remove all optical aids.
    Step two : Wash face with cold water.
    Step three : View traumatic picture.
    Step four : Repeat step two and dry face.

With any luck the image that's now stuck in your head will be as blurred as your uncorrected vision so it will be far less traumatising. :)

and why did no one tell me this before I got laser eye surgery????:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭swampgas

I hate to disappoint the young men here, but when you hit John Waters' age you are very likely to end up looking much the same, sans vetements :D

(Minus the pose and the straggly hair, though.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

swampgas wrote: »
    I hate to disappoint the young men here, but when you hit John Waters' age you are very likely to end up looking much the same, sans vetements :D

(Minus the pose and the straggly hair, though.)

Untrue. This is untrue.

You young men, unless similarly disadvantaged by having a face like a badly beaten and half-drowned goat, will only put on the belly. And not that, if you do manual labour into your 50's. It's cool....you can avoid that look if you want!

Advertisement