Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Speaking of looking like John Waters, anyone see him in the Lidl leaflet this week promoting their new range of fresh fish?

freshness.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ At least that guy has his clothes on, even if he does smell of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Galvasean wrote: »
    Speaking of looking like John Waters, anyone see him in the Lidl leaflet this week promoting their new range of fresh fish?

freshness.jpg

As if john-boy would ever do an honest day's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

He hasn't gone away you know...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2013/0201/1224329515546.html

Imagine if John would just f*** off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Imagine no religion......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

lazygal wrote: »
    Imagine no religion......

Imagine all the people....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

...ignoring Waters' ****e...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Just one thing I'm going to pick him up on here:
    This was the 40th March for Life, the first having taken place in 1974, the year after the historic Roe v Wade decision of the US Supreme Court.

Since then some 56 million abortions have taken place in the US

Waters suggests to us that abortions have only taken place since Roe v Wade. That is categorically false.

The reality is that abortions took place, they were just extremely dangerous and often resulted in the deaths of many women undergoing them.

Relevent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R316aLsk3M&feature=player_detailpage#t=685s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

I actually attempted to read that artical, but fury drove me from it, So all i can say is that what i read was such a load of ****e </critique>

Does he make any better points than liberals are 'reacting against tradition'? Because if it doesn't I'm not wasting my time with the rest of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Galvasean wrote: »
    Does he make any better points than liberals are 'reacting against tradition'? Because if it doesn't I'm not wasting my time with the rest of it.

Got as far as where he makes that suggestion and made a hasty exit thereafter.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Reading the IT comments on a JW article is kind of entertaining, in a masochistic sort of way...

Makes one appreciate boards, half the posts there are just ad hominems/abuse. Ironic on the website of the so-called 'newspaper of record' which seems to be on quite the campaign lately against Anonymous Posters (Who Are Therefore By Definition Trolls) Ruining The Internet For Nice People.

Even so, the comments are still better reading than the JW articles!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I wonder if theres any way of checking if he was actually at the march he claimed.....

Nodin wrote: »
    I wonder if theres any way of checking if he was actually at the march he claimed.....

In fairness to the guy, he does usually 'put his money where his mouth is' and tends to get quite active in these sort of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

His Grand Verbiageness is giving a talk in UCC on Saturday if anybody feels like listening and responding to his grandiloquence in person. Though I know there are those here who would rather write thesises on the mysteriousness of reality than subject themselves to that.

http://uccjournalismsociety.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What's Waters doing speaking at a journalism society? He doesn't know the first bloody thing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Sarky wrote: »
    What's Waters doing speaking at a journalism society? He doesn't know the first bloody thing about it.

Showing students how not to do it can be quite educational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I can see the book deal now. "How Not To Be A Talentless F*ck Like Me". He'd make millions.

I'm ashamed to say this, but a few years ago I bought his book "Feckers: 50 People Who Fecked Up Ireland". I had no idea who he was at the time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I'm ashamed to say this, but a few years ago I bought his book "Feckers: 50 People Who Fecked Up Ireland". I had no idea who he was at the time. :(

Dades, Rob, please ban PopePalpatine for his monetary donation towards Mr Waters' tripe.

• Advertisement

*gets sackcloth and ashes* :(

*gets sackcloth and ashes* :(

oh no you don't!

*gets tar and feathers*

I was only 15 when I bought the book. As a 15-year-old, I just looked at the title and thought it was funny. At that time I had no idea what sort of bull**** Waters writes in his column. If it helps, I'll throw the book in a skip tomorrow.

I was only 15 when I bought the book. As a 15-year-old, I just looked at the title and thought it was funny. At that time I had no idea what sort of bull**** Waters writes in his column. If it helps, I'll throw the book in a skip tomorrow.

You STILL have it??????? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

*turns heat up under tar and fetches feathers still attached to chickens*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Joe Duffy is in attendance too........ I don't think I need to say any more. :pac:

After rooting through my room, it turns out that it's gone, which is a relief. Bannasidhe, you can save your tar and feathers for when a certain thespian shows up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Corkfeen wrote: »

Joe Duffy is in attendance too........ I don't think I need to say any more. :pac:
    Sure, sure, sure.

After rooting through my room, it turns out that it's gone, which is a relief. Bannasidhe, you can save your tar and feathers for when a certain thespian shows up. :pac:

I'll put the chicken back so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

The trick is to complain about the rest of the media. That way, if they call you a talentless hack, it's a conspiracy by the liberal media to silence the voice of Catholic Ireland.

And Twitter.

F**k Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I'll throw the book in a skip tomorrow.
    Pics or GTFO!

Advertisement