Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

fisgon wrote: »
    The problem with Waters is that he is a narcissist, he mixes up his opinion with fact. He somehow thinks that just because he believes something, then that makes it true.

B-b-but only atheists can be narcisstic! They're so self-centred in their belief that this world wasn't created for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The awesome David Robert Grimes has written an open letter to our good friend john you can read it here

Never read that blog before. There are some fantastic articles in it. Thanks for sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Any words of wisdom today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

lazygal wrote: »

Does get much wiser than:

"Mr. Waters, please shut up"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Why would you poke a sleeping bear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Why would you poke a sleeping bear?

I'm interested in the mysteriousness of reality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Ye asked for it! Accept the suffering I have bestowed upon ye. It's an imaginary dialogue this week. Think this may be a sign of Water's officially losing mind. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/the-taoiseach-the-psychiatrist-and-the-pandora-s-box-syndrome-1.1445365

Corkfeen wrote: »
    It's an imaginary dialogue this week. Think this may be a sign of Water's officially losing mind.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqfGoXIpfMCkJ73UBmDmnvBQlF1I4KT1exHjcqYtG4UAkWINOICg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I've been starstruck. I was on my way to work, waiting at traffic lights, and who did I see spinning around in a nice little black roadstar? Dear oul John, fixing his hair in his mirror to boot. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I've been starstruck. I was on my way to work, waiting at traffic lights, and who did I see spinning around in a nice little black roadstar? Dear oul John, fixing his hair in his mirror to boot. :D

....I think the Times have a compensation fund for those who've suffered that kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Did you yell at him for being a thundering c*nt? I missed that opportunity with Sean Sherlock and regretted it ever since. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Did anyone else hear him on the radio at the weekend (forgot which station) where he was talking about Nigella Lawson's husband divorcing her for 'not standing by him'

Basically, Waters' whole argument was that domestic violence against women is an invention of the feminist movement who are making up all the statistics so they can get more government funding

He went on to say that men suffer from domestic abuse just as much as women do, and he defended the physical assault on Nigella by her husband by saying 'nobody can control when a couple may have a falling out, it this hadn't happened in public, they could have made up and been having sex 5 minutes later.

What the FuK!!
    What planet is this guy from?

A guy strangles his wife in a restaurant and Waters complains that 'the media are denying him his privacy'
    He's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Akrasia wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear him on the radio at the weekend (forgot which station) where he was talking about Nigella Lawson's husband divorcing her for 'not standing by him'

Basically, Waters' whole argument was that domestic violence against women is an invention of the feminist movement who are making up all the statistics so they can get more government funding

He went on to say that men suffer from domestic abuse just as much as women do, and he defended the physical assault on Nigella by her husband by saying 'nobody can control when a couple may have a falling out, it this hadn't happened in public, they could have made up and been having sex 5 minutes later.

What the FuK!!
    What planet is this guy from?

A guy strangles his wife in a restaurant and Waters complains that 'the media are denying him his privacy'
    He's insane.

WTF

Please, please try to remember where this was on. I want to go back and listen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What a f*cking loolaa

Here we go, it was on Newstalk, the Sunday show
    You can listen back to the show on the link below
    http://www.newstalk.ie/reader/47.305.377/5572/blog_list/

Can the Irish Times please abort his column?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Can the Irish Times please abort his column?
    It's got to die sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There's two "Colemans" at Newstalk. The one that hosts "Coleman at Large" is an absolute gob****e in the mould of Jon Waters (belief-wise, the flavour of bollocks that spews from his mouth is less varied than that of Waters).

Don't know which Coleman was hosting that show but if it was the one I mentioned above then expect a cesspit of nonsense.

Gbear wrote: »
    There's two "Colemans" at Newstalk. The one that hosts "Coleman at Large" is an absolute gob****e in the mould of Jon Waters (belief-wise, the flavour of bollocks that spews from his mouth is less varied than that of Waters).

Don't know which Coleman was hosting that show but if it was the one I mentioned above then expect a cesspit of nonsense.
    Marc Coleman is the guy who wrote 'The best is yet to come' about the irish economy which was released the year before the biggest economic collapse in our history and the writing was already on the wall. He is a catholic conservative a la waters. He has a show on Tonight at 10pm where he'll probably spend the whole time talking about how great Lucinda Creighton is for taking a stand against abortion.

Shane Coleman is alright, he's just yer run of the mill joirno, But he was on holidays this week, so Mick Clifford was the host on Sunday. I was surprised at how he didn't challenge anything that Waters was saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I used to listen to this show fairly regularly. Put it on on Sunday morning but had to lunge for the off switch as soon as Waters was announced as a panellist. Just can't be listening to that sort of $hite first thing on a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Holy f*ck

What a lunatic

Mark Coleman is a pr*ck too, but not of Waters's calibre

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

It's a truly strange segment. He spends more time complaining about feminists spreading propaganda that men are more likely to be than women to commit domestic violence against their partner/girlfriend/wife.

He actually appears to be saying that the relationship drove him to the violent act and that might make it okay. He asks also what is a man supposed to do if being abused by the wife/girlfriend. Um.... leave her? Report her to the police?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

By the coherence of its perspective and the sure-footedness of its language, Lumen Fidei deftly transports us between the different layers of
    reasoning in which our cultures have latterly come to cogitate

...once again, I'm thinking that the phrase "Up the bum, no harm done" is at best, quite misleading.
    The text is studded with astoundingly clear sentences, like: “It is through an unbroken chain of witnesses that we come to see the face of Jesus.”

"Ask me bollocks" is another clear statement - aptly deployed in response - with less words in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭swampgas

I've come to the realisation that life is too short and too precious to ever read another John Waters column. I feel like a great burden has been lifted from my shoulders ... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I don't know what's worse - his article or the comments made by the pro-birthers in the comments section.

John Waters defending a hardcore catholic misogynist without any respect for women or even the faintest grasp on reality?

Well I never.

There is now a #JohnWatersTweets hashtag on Twitter. It makes for wonderful reading. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,907 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/man-s-bond-with-unborn-child-is-too-often-denied-1.1475155
    Although I’ve repeatedly written about the position of the father in respect of abortion and otherwise, I remained untroubled by calls from Irish radio or television stations.

Unbelieveable...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement