Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

It takes some skill (or disturbed thinking) to have an opinion on abortion turn into "society hates men!!!" :eek:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

They have him under "Health"? Who next, YD's anti-vaccination buddies? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They have him under "Health"?

John Waters is particularly bad for one's health. Look what happened Sinead O'Conner.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,907 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They have him under "Health"? Who next, YD's anti-vaccination buddies? :rolleyes:

The IT's content management system is still all over the place after the website 'upgrade'. The other day I clicked on a story in Motors and got the horse racing column.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'll be honest. I didn't know much about the guy until a few months ago from pretty much this thread. Before, I could put a face to the name, but that's about it. I had no idea how crazy he was before I read this thread from the start. What's his relationship with Sinead O'Connor?

I had a read of his wikipedia page to find out myself and got nothing. But there were a few other parts that almost made me LOL
    In 2006, he entered a song, "The Words That Never Wear Out", for the Irish selection for the Eurovision Song Contest. The song was not accepted for the selection final. Waters publicly criticised the fact that the selected singer, Brian Kennedy, had been allowed to enter his own composition, "Every Song is a Cry for Love", in the final and alleged favouritism towards Kennedy. He referred to people who had publicly criticised his song as "corner boys" in a column in Village magazine.
    Waters attended the Electric Picnic music festival in 2010 and wrote that he felt a sense of dissatisfaction with the event, concluding that there was a lack of meaning underpinning events at the festival.[20] Sunday Tribune journalist Una Mullally replied that if John Waters felt disconnected or out of place at the Electric Picnic, that it was because the country had changed, and continued "perhaps this is the first Irish generation who have purposely opted out of tormenting themselves by searching for some unattainable greater meaning and who have chosen instead just to live"
    In the Irish Mail on Sunday of July 6,[when?] Waters bemoaned vandalism and untruths in his Wikipedia entry, called for increased regulation, and backed legal action against Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales and the Wikipedia foundation in such cases. He said he set up his own web site as a response to Wikipedia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Waters seems to be most comfortable when he's whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    Waters seems to be most comfortable when he's whinging.

Does he ever do anything else?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

What's his relationship with Sinead O'Connor?

He's the B'stard behind Nothing Compares to You.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

koth wrote: »
    It takes some skill (or disturbed thinking) to have an opinion on abortion turn into "society hates men!!!" :eek:

For a long time it was his main theme. Society had 'emasculated men' or some such. He never seemed to spell out how though (or perhaps I missed it, buried amongst the thick verbiage).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

I love John Waters. He is the perfect living example of giving someone enough rope.

• Advertisement

As far as I remember, Waters had an affair with her, legged it when he got her pregnant, and tried to use her resulting mental health issues to get legal custody of the child. The courts thought a depressed and occasionally suicidal Sinead was still a more suitable parent than an overly verbose misogynistic wanker with worrying hardcore catholic leanings.

He's a bit of a horrible jerk, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Sarky wrote: »
    As far as I remember, Waters had an affair with her, legged it when he got her pregnant, and tried to use her resulting mental health issues to get legal custody of the child. The courts thought a depressed and occasionally suicidal Sinead was still a more suitable parent than an overly verbose misogynistic wanker with worrying hardcore catholic leanings.

He's a bit of a horrible jerk, tbh.
    Jeez, I owe her an apology for illwill. I thought it was the other way around, she used him to get pregnant then since he was an unmarried father with no rights, used the courts to deny him access.
    Made sense, figured it was the wellspring of his obvious distaste for the feminine gender.

I could be wrong, and Sinead O'Conner might have planned it all along and turned Waters into a raving Catholic nutcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Whoa! Waters had sex and conceived a child out of wedlock? For shame!

I'd hate to be Witters' daughter. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,907 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

kylith wrote: »
    Whoa! Waters had sex and conceived a child out of wedlock? For shame!

Yes he used to lead a dissolute life until he became a born-again catholic

I presume this is what Lapsed Agnostic is about. Don't you just love the way libraries categorise this sort of thing, spiritualism, 'healing', and 'angels' books onto the same shelves as Dawkins, Hitch et al? :rolleyes:

You have to laugh, the library search results interleave his pompous witterings* with the decidedly decadent DVDs from the other John Waters :pac: https://library.sdublincoco.ie/02_Catalogue/02_004_TitleResults.aspx?page=1&searchTerm=Waters%2c+John&searchType=0&media=

* An intelligent person's guide to modern Ireland I mean, really??? :rolleyes:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

How should one respond after reading a JW column? Go off and fornicate with a thesaurus?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

How should one respond after reading a JW column? Go off and fornicate with a thesaurus?

Bleach, plenty of bleach then kill it, kill it with fire :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Amazingly still less abusive to the English language compared a Waters column :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

How should one respond after reading a JW column?

GUN.jpg

• Advertisement

Shoot the screen? :pac:

My lawyer tells me yes, I meant the screen. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

qdgYU.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

computerHeadBashing.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

How should one respond after reading a JW column?

spock-button.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

He is on Vincent Browne tonight according to David Cochrane on twitter.

Should be a giggle.

A man who grills the sh*t out of people for refusing to answer straight questions, versus a man who has made obfuscation and vague waffle his life's work?

It'll be like Pacific Rim, only with old farts instead of giant robots.

Sarky wrote: »
    A man who grills the sh*t out of people for refusing to answer straight questions, versus a man who has made obfuscation and vague waffle his life's work?

It'll be like Pacific Rim, only with old farts instead of giant robots.

I really must see that movie sometime. Um, I think Mr Browne might be on holidays though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Vincent is on holidays indeed :( I thought his new show 'Challenging God' was supposed to start last night, but no sign of it. Must be next Sunday.

Vincent loves the beards though, so it's probably for the best that he's not grilling JW.

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    Vincent is on holidays indeed :( I thought his new show 'Challenging God' was supposed to start last night, but no sign of it. Must be next Sunday.

Vincent loves the beards though, so it's probably for the best that he's not grilling JW.

Think that starts in August sometime?

Advertisement