Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

lazygal wrote: »
    "Meeja.....blah blah.....secularism.....waffle waffle....ideologies.....blah blah"

That sentence alone has more substance and clarity than anything JW has ever written

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I was just in the post office, and one if those phone in chat shows was on. The loudest guy was one of those paranoid loons who thinks any disagreement with him was 'faith-hate', and he was pitching about the lack of Catholics in the meeja.

Another chap told hum to calm down, and then started off with 'for a start, you have John Waters writing in the...'

He was cut off by the catholic saying that nobody liked Waters. Now if the Catholics don't want him, just who the hell does john write for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Increasing dissociated? Increasingly, I suppose. Did he write that himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

bluewolf wrote: »
    Increasing dissociated? Increasingly, I suppose. Did he write that himself?

How! HOW! Could you even be even reading an article of his with that much focus to catch typos and errors like that? :eek: Why would you even torture yourself to that extreme!:confused:

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    How! HOW! Could you even be even reading an article of his with that much focus to catch typos and errors like that? :eek: Why would you even torture yourself to that extreme!:confused:

I just read the quote that was posted twice ;) It jumps out
    I could make a comment that his article appears just as nonsensical after the correction as before :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Clearly the editors don't want to torture themselves either! Maybe that's why he goes unchecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

There's something distinctly sadomasochistic about this thread to be honest. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Sarky wrote: »
    just who the hell does john write for?

Sinead?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

epl.jpg

So, will his next column be about he's down with the youth?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

..."lack of spiritual at todays youth gatherings.....objectivist blah blather warble"

or

"excess at todays youth gatherings means lack of....."

or

"I sense yearning for spiritual at......"

It's a limited palette hes drawing from.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I hope they're not fornicating.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

ninja900 wrote: »
    I hope they're not fornicating.

Jeeze - a diabetic gets up in the middle of the night to have a hypo busting orange juice all innocent like and then you have to go an implant that image. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

Now I've got an image of him as Ali G stuck in my mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

I just realised - he's smiling in that photo? Isn't that only supposed to happen once every ten thousand years?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

tawnyowl wrote: »
    I just realised - he's smiling in that photo? Isn't that only supposed to happen once every ten thousand years?
    946 postings about John Waters ... he must be proud.
    I never read his writings up to now ... but I guess I need to start!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

No, J C. You don't. It's too late for us but there's still hope for you. Spare yourself the headache.

They had him in prison, and the fools let him out again.

No doubt next Friday will see an article on how the Gardai are evil feminazi librals in the employ of the godless secular meeja.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

It was probably an atheist/militant feminist clamping company who only clamp catholics.

Bobby42 wrote: »
    It was probably an atheist/militant feminist clamping company who only clamp catholics.

Bizarrely enough I once met an atheist/militant feminist who works for a clamping company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Wait, has he been to jail already? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I thought John was opposed to selfish individualism? Can't get much more of a selfish individualist than someone who thinks they should be allowed park wherever they want for as long as they like - or that rules should only apply to other people.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

ninja900 wrote: »
    I thought John was opposed to selfish individualism? Can't get much more of a selfish individualist than someone who thinks they should be allowed park wherever they want for as long as they like - or that rules should only apply to other people.

But he's a one man crusade against secularism, feminism, the meeja and modern laws like clamping. John don't have no time for man or indeed women made rules.

They only clamp because they're lacking a certain spiritual something mysticism bla bla

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Clampists hate men. Clampists have a pro-vagina bias blah blah...

The act of clamping is in itself a metaphorical automotive emasculation of such profundity that it begins to transcend mere metaphor and instead enters the realms of objective Truth. Such open and blatant misandry cannot be countenanced by any society with a healthy interest in oneness with the mysteriousness of reality. Therefore, he is Jesus on the cross being persecuted for doing the right thing, and not actually just a whiny old man complaining that he can't do whatever the hell he wants.

The act of clamping is in itself a metaphorical automotive emasculation of such profundity that it begins to transcend mere metaphor and instead enters the realms of objective Truth. Such open and blatant misandry cannot be countenanced by any society with a healthy interest in oneness with the mysteriousness of reality. Therefore, he is Jesus on the cross being persecuted for doing the right thing, and not actually just a whiny old man complaining that he can't do whatever the hell he wants.

Sarky?????

:eek:

Quick - Sarky has been possessed - fetch an excellent craft ale STAT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Just tried and not managed to write a little something on JW's time in jail, but doubtless he will have encountered many men FAILED by the spiritual deficit in following the straight and narrow of today's polite society. Can't wait to read all about it. I'm sure it will be edgy, and well versed in the terrors perpetuated upon his brothers by militant lesbian prison guards (a la Prisoner: Cell Block H).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Sarky?????

:eek:

Quick - Sarky has been possessed - fetch an excellent craft ale STAT!!

All I've got is a case of the Bishop's Finger?

Hope it's good enough.

• Advertisement

Advertisement