Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

J C wrote: »
    946 postings about John Waters ... he must be proud.
    If he ever learns of this thread, he'll probably use it as an example while fulminating about the evils of the Internet.
    I never read his writings up to now ... but I guess I need to start!!!!!
    Only if you have an appetite for slow-motion car crash style of journalism...

Sarky wrote: »
    They had him in prison, and the fools let him out again.

No doubt next Friday will see an article on how the Gardai are evil feminazi librals in the employ of the godless secular meeja.

There's a John Water excuses hashtag on https://twitter.com/search?q=%23johnwatersexcuses

ninja900 wrote: »
    I thought John was opposed to selfish individualism? Can't get much more of a selfish individualist than someone who thinks they should be allowed park wherever they want for as long as they like - or that rules should only apply to other people.

Consistency, logical or otherwise, does not seem to be his strong suit.

Sarky wrote: »
    The act of clamping is in itself a metaphorical automotive emasculation of such profundity that it begins to transcend mere metaphor and instead enters the realms of objective Truth. Such open and blatant misandry cannot be countenanced by any society with a healthy interest in oneness with the mysteriousness of reality. Therefore, he is Jesus on the cross being persecuted for doing the right thing, and not actually just a whiny old man complaining that he can't do whatever the hell he wants.

Clampist ideology is fundamentally at odds with the mystery of reality, which can only be comprehended through transcendent revelation which is sneered at by consumerist society. Clampist ideology is the ultimate manifestation of modernism, the ideology of Dublin 4 liberals and the media at large, which prevents discussion of the failings of modern Irish society, of the emasculation of Irish men and the loss of masculine virtues. Clampists have redefined the meaning of parking in a misandrist way, to demean the parking of men, to park where we like in a masculine way.

(We really need a John Waters smiley - one that has a Serious Beard(tm) and scowls.)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

All I've got is a case of the Bishop's Finger? Hope it's good enough.
    Would be interesting to know whether John might enjoy putting a Bishop's Finger inside him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

This thread is like the Atheists answer to Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

John's heartbreaking tale of his gaol hell was on Newstalk and Morning Ireland. He's taking a stand, people.

It was a FEMALE judge what handled his case. Just sayin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

jank wrote: »

This post is like the Morons answer to this thread.

tawnyowl wrote: »
    I just realised - he's smiling in that photo? Isn't that only supposed to happen once every ten thousand years?

Oh shít! I think that's one of the portents of the apocalypse too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Here's an article about it. It seems the prison warden had had enough after about two hours, and "higher profile journalist" JW was released, looking rather smug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Just as the blessed visionaries of Fatima were granted a brief vision of Hell, so for a few hours was I given a brief vision of what it would be to be forever confined in a prison; not merely a prison of bricks and mortar, but one of materialist atheistic pseudophilosophical logic devoid of meaning. As I contemplated the eternal from the bench of my cell, I felt communion with St Peter who was imprisoned, and felt great pity for those who walk free in this world and yet are imprisoned in an iron cage of shallow postmodern feminist rationality without meaning. A guard came to release me just as an angel rescued St Peter; but who will rescue modern man from the preternatural oligodendrocytes of mesenceliopathic logic-positivo-différance?

This post is like the Morons answer to this thread.

Almost 1000 posts on some two bit journalist and I am the moron? Right buddy, whatever gets you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Almost 1000 posts on some two bit journalist and I am the moron? Right buddy, whatever gets you off.

Almost 9000 posts and nothing valuable to say...

^^^ Now, now folks.

I know the summer's almost over, but that's no excuse to resort to fisticuffs over somebody as silly as John Waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Unfortunately the untalented, odd and somewhat misogynistic Mr Waters is given space in a paper of record, airtime on radio, and the occasional appearance on TV. As a result it's nessecary to critique and counter his tripe.

Oh shít! I think that's one of the portents of the apocalypse too!!
    Uh oh!!! He's smiling in this one too! http://www.thejournal.ie/john-waters-arrest-prison-1067238-Sep2013/

Naah, no mention of a fella in Clontarf!!!:D

Ah now, that's a bit harsh - he's half a bit at most!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

There's a John Water excuses hashtag on https://twitter.com/search?q=%23johnwatersexcuses

8gnUNRn.jpg

I have no idea how to link a tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

joke stolen from another site:
    "Mr Waters described the experience as 'frightening' but said he bonded in the cell with two other inmates."

One of whom rebuked him, but the other one said: "We are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong."

To whom Waters said: "Truly you will be with me tomorrow in Harry's cafe."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

The person who started that #hashtag also started this thread :D

The person who started that #hashtag also started this thread :D
    That's the spirit :)

Nodin wrote: »
    Unfortunately the untalented, odd and somewhat misogynistic Mr Waters is given space in a paper of record, airtime on radio, and the occasional appearance on TV. As a result it's nessecary to critique and counter his tripe.

Really? Nessecary? In case of what? I think you are over estimating his worth to the Irish journalistic scene. The only time I ever hear of him is when other people are talking about him.

In truth you guys enjoy it, You enjoy opening the Irish Times or opening up that browser, with a mix dread and excitment, finding out what you can be outraged at next.

Its very common in media circles. Shock jocks are hugely popular not because they have a loyal listenership who agree with everything they say, they have a loyal listenership who hate a lot of what they say but deep down themselves enjoy or should I say love the feeling of outrage, disgust, hate and so on.
    This love to hate relationship is apparently more prone to happen to people with low self esteem and narcissists are especially vulnerable

http://blog.koldcast.tv/2011/koldcast-news/why-we-love-to-hate-shock-jocks/

If people just switched off and closed that newspaper most of these people would not be in a job. Then again we would need to find other outlets for our fetishes or rack up hugely expensive bills for therapy :)

goose2005 wrote: »
    joke stolen from another site:

In fairness, that is funny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I don't hate him, and I don't think he is a shock jock, just often wrong and a bit bewildering.

Thanks for the armchair diagnosis, though.

This love to hate relationship is apparently more prone to happen to people with low self esteem and narcissists are especially vulnerable.
    Funny you should say that, since I've always put A+A's JW love down to the posters here being politically correct, having childhood-related attachment issues, sucking fetishes, and the fact that many and probably most posters, are closet homosexuals, with the lesbians suffering from galloping penis envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

robindch wrote: »
    Funny you should say that, since I've always put A+A's JW love down to the posters here being politically correct, having childhood-related attachment issues, sucking fetishes, and the fact that many and probably most posters, are closet homosexuals, with the lesbians suffering from galloping penis envy.

My penis envy is at best a brisk trot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

That diagnosis was much appreciated Jank, I was going to go to Freud for a diagnosis but you'll do as you're as off the wall but lacking in the technique. Can I make an appointment?

If you really do believe that the posters in this thread are narcissistic or suffer from low self-esteem which many people do. It's somewhat childish and inappropriate to lower yourself to denigrating people that do suffer from emotional issues of any variety. If you don't believe it, it's even worse as you'd prefer to make light of people with such issues.

Also Waters' articles tend to be on the spectrum of hilarity rather than shock jockey. I'll admit that I enjoy reading his articles as I enjoy reading statements that are incredible, obtuse, absurd and wordy while at the same time not really saying anything. I get a similar satisfaction from reading your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Must be a very slow day for faux outrage when jank resorts to leaping to John Waters' defence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Really? Nessecary? In case of what? I think you are over estimating his worth to the Irish journalistic scene. The only time I ever hear of him is when other people are talking about him.

......if that really is the case, you'd wonder why some folk post in this forum......

Advertisement