Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Cool story brah.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Sarky wrote: »
    Cool story brah.

Why are you talking to this Sistah's underwear? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's more real than her manufactured indignant self-righteous outrage at someone having the bare-faced cheek to consider the church less than perfect?

There's probably a joke about arguments having support in there too, but I'm a busty busy chap...

Sarky wrote: »
    It's more real than her manufactured indignant self-righteous outrage?

This is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

but when the Blessed Virgin Mary is equated to an Iron age peasant I feel matters have gone too far.

but the character was a peasant... from the iron age? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Interesting that such a book would get such a review. It’s a mean-spirited attack on everything that many people hold dear – their Faith. And what’s even worse, it attack our very Irishness, our very history and it maliciously derides those who led us to freedom. I have read it, and if the reviewer found it beautifully written, he may very well be right. But blasphemy is still a crime here – and if such an attack were to be made on Muslims I have no doubt that there would be a prosecution. I don’t favour banning books, but when the Blessed Virgin Mary is equated to an Iron age peasant I feel matters have gone too far.
    You don't support banning books but want a prosecution against an author? As bad as book burning to be blunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Those invoking the word 'Irishness' are usually using it as a cover for petty-minded bigotry. Anyone different from themselves is somehow defined as 'less Irish' and therefore inferior.

So if the book attacks that sort of 'Irishness', then good!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Wait,when I gave up Catholicism did I inadvertently renounce my Irish citizenship? What about my children, are they Irish or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

.....am I on the wrong thread here or wtf....

Nodin wrote: »
    .....am I on the wrong thread here or wtf....

That depends...are you Irish or Irish?

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    That depends...are you Irish or Irish?

Silence Corkonian. Your devilry will not confound me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Silence Corkonian. Your devilry will not confound me.

Silence plebian poster!

Interesting that such a book would get such a review. It’s a mean-spirited attack on everything that many people hold dear – their Faith. And what’s even worse, it attack our very Irishness, our very history and it maliciously derides those who led us to freedom. I have read it, and if the reviewer found it beautifully written, he may very well be right. But blasphemy is still a crime here – and if such an attack were to be made on Muslims I have no doubt that there would be a prosecution. I don’t favour banning books, but when the Blessed Virgin Mary is equated to an Iron age peasant I feel matters have gone too far.

It would be nice if you made clearer what book you were on about....presumably its this one.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/you-gotta-have-faith-or-get-angry-with-god-1.1600070?page=1

Jernal wrote: »
    Silence plebian poster!

It's like that then..........well.....if that's the way ye want it.....

It is yeah.

:pac:

Respect mahh authoritah!

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    It is yeah.

:pac:

Woman, who gave you permission to speak?

Woman, who gave you permission to speak?

Some girl scouts selling cookies did.

So There!

*blows raspberry*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Calm down, Jernal. Have a biscuit. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Take a break,have a kit kat.

• Advertisement

Calm down, Jernal. Have a biscuit. :pac:
    I eated all the biscuits. Someone stole all the biscuits. :( Care to donate more?

I eated all the biscuits. Someone stole all the biscuits. :( Care to donate more?

Shall I call the lez-beans girl scouts back? - they have cookies.*

*Cookies being apparently biscuits with a P.C. feminmist planned abortion ideology

I thought cookie was a code word for meth.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

You know, I'm kind of used to threads in this forum going completely off-topic, but this one too? :( Where will it end?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

You know, I'm kind of used to threads in this forum going completely off-topic, but this one too? :( Where will it end?!

With the whole world gone cookoo for coco pops!

Once John has said his latest pearl of wisdom this will be back on topic. :)

And I shall once again take my cookie and flee......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

You can't make silken pearls out of a sow's ear.

robindch wrote: »
    You can't make silken pearls out of a sow's ear.

We can't? But I thought we moddsies could do anything! Awss:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

lazygal wrote: »
    Wait,when I gave up Catholicism

You lucky, lucky bastard.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement