Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

good doge

perverse expression

amaze

so oblique :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I really don't get the whole doge meme thing at all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Links234 wrote: »

Your not alone:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Think I saw yer man's remarks quoted a few days ago. Figured there'd be legal bother. Fun times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

freyners wrote: »
    Your not alone:confused:
    The words are supposed to be the subjects internal monologue.
    The original probably is the best example.

7bc.jpg

• Advertisement

I just like how doge is particularly underwhelmed about much/many/so eventualities and this is best expressed by the kind of language and punctuation that springs to mind after ingesting a handful of horse tranquillisers.

Therefore, using the doge meme speaks volumes (not) about Iona's important contribution to our society.

wow

amaze

see?! Or maybe that's just what it means to me. Don't know either, sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

This from Twitter:

Simon McGarr ‏@Tupp_Ed

"CORRECTION: .@PantiBliss was censored after a legal letter from John Waters.RTE's statement linking it to Tom O'Gorman's death is unpleasant."

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

In English :pac: :

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/rte-cuts-part-of-show-after-legal-complaint-from-waters-29921034.html

http://www.thejournal.ie/panti-rte-saturday-interview-1265925-Jan2014/?utm_source=shortlink

RTE are using the fact that recent* murder victim Tom O'Gorman worked for Iona as a figleaf for pulling the show (Mr O'Gorman was NOT mentioned during the show but Iona briefly was) but I think we can draw our own conclusions as to the real reason.

* But after the show was broadcast.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Now Waters knows someone actually listens to his whining asshattery. He's going to be even more f*cking insufferable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Rory's/Panti's comments can be found [link removed as Panti has now received 3 solicitors letter and I don't want to involved Boards in that - it can be found on her facebook page though]

I have no idea how JW has the balls to get upset about something he is quite clearly known for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

He was complaining somewhere - I think interviewed in the Indo - before Christmas about his low points of 2013, liberals were mentioned, naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I don't know what's the more pathetic, JW taking legal umbridge about a fairly truthful critique of some of his writings or RTE using a very tenuous link to the murder of a man to justify it as opposed to admitting the truth

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I have no idea how JW has the balls to get upset about something he is quite clearly known for.
    Makes no sense to me either. The interviewee described clearly what Waters says, so I'd have thought that Dear John would have been pleased that at least one person in the country was taking him seriously.

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Waters issues a legal threat for being called a homophobe? Needle on my irony-meter just went through the roof :P

If being called a homophobe is such a serious/bad thing, maybe he should stop acting like one.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

SW wrote: »
    Waters issues a legal threat for being called a homophobe? Needle on my irony-meter just went through the roof :P

If being called a homophobe is such a serious/bad thing, maybe he should stop acting like one.

Maybe it isn't acting. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm actually surprised it was him. Was sure it was Quinn/Iona.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

For the first time in... well, ever... I really hope JW has an article out tomorrow. Could be hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Ohh, well found Mr. Cavanagh. Worth putting up the actual pic though, eh? This is a classic JW special......

BeHBLCZCEAAeP65.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

That deserves retweeting.

Over and over...

• Advertisement

What can we can expect this week?

Pro-censorship media pseudo-liberals in pursuit of the gay agenda can't hide contempt for traditional values.

Can pseudo-liberals be cured?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

What can we can expect this week?

Pro-censorship media pseudo-liberals in pursuit of the gay agenda can't hide contempt for traditional values.

Can pseudo-liberals be cured?

Only if they accept the mysteriousness of reality.

Iona now involved in this.
    From PantiBliss twitter:
    To be clear: I have not received any correspondence, legal or otherwise, from John Waters. (at time of writing) 1/2

Source
    I have received 4 solicitors letter from Breda O'Brien, David Quinn, Patricia Casey, and John Murray, all of the Iona Institute. 2/2

Source

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is the video mirrored anywhere? I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Latest column from Waters: http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/media/we-are-poorly-served-by-the-media-s-uncritical-support-for-austerity-1.1657820

It's about the media but only in terms of reporting and comment on austerity policies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Not playing the victim about his latest outburst of bigotry must be the first smart thing he's done in a very long time indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Iona folks are really not good at the turning the other cheek lark. What would Jesus do in this case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

lazygal wrote: »
    Iona folks are really not good at the turning the other cheek lark. What would Jesus do in this case?

Play the victim?

Advertisement