Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm sure there's a passage somewhere in the bible where Jesus called in a crack team of lawyers to deal with all the other prophets floating around doing the same sh*t he was at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

It's funny that Rory is receiving these solicitors letter because he only said that he thought they were 'mean'. The reference to homophobia was obliquely drawn by Brendan after which Panti gave a definition. At no point did he say John Waters or /Breda O'Brien is a homophobe. Legal teams are going to have trouble making that stick 'you called my client 'mean'' oooooooooh. It'll be a pain in the hole to contest though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

lazygal wrote: »
    Iona folks are really not good at the turning the other cheek lark. What would Jesus do in this case?

Put the brick on the accelerator.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

1185441_10151916832582843_1032559853_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

And a John Waters version:
    much scowl

many whiny column

parking fine

oh wow

much pompous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

Links234 wrote: »
    Apparently this has been pulled from the RTE player because of a certain someone taking legal action, you might guess who we're talking about here, but I hope this has a kind of Streisand effect for him :p

In other words a certain someone is trying to teach a gay man the meaning of homophobia by taking legal action against him?

In other news, the death of irony was announced...

tawnyowl wrote: »
    And a John Waters version:
    much scowl

many whiny column

parking fine

oh wow

much pompous

Screw it, I'm posting the one I did. You weren't using those eyeballs anyway. Including a little buffer so as not to cause irreversible stomach trauma: Unless you're viewing from a phone, then you're pretty much screwed.

289394.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Sarky wrote: »
    Screw it, I'm posting the one I did. You weren't using those eyeballs anyway. Including a little buffer so as not to cause irreversible stomach trauma: Unless you're viewing from a phone, then you're pretty much screwed.

Jeez, that's woeful :eek: But entirely suitable for publishing widely, ALL over the show - GO, GO gadget Sarky! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Added a warning to the thread title for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Sarky wrote: »

Well. That's me scarred for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Jernal wrote: »
    Added a warning to the thread title for obvious reasons.

Thank **** they don't. The river of acid burned away my eyes, now I can't see Sarky's horror any more.

Bile. It's a river of bile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Sarky, that was uncalled for. I remind you, earworms are at the ready. Canines shall be anonymously released. Foxes polled. Doo's aga'ed.

I feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

lazygal wrote: »
    Iona folks are really not good at the turning the other cheek lark. What would Jesus do in this case?

What I find interesting is that they all sent individual legal letters, as opposed to one on behalf of the institute. I can see why BO'B would send one personally as her name was uttered, but Quinn? What the hell is he playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Being a poisonous ****, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Poisonous cabbage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Galvasean wrote: »
    Poisonous cabbage?

It would have to be something that contributes absolutely nothing, deliberate or accidental, directly or indirectly, to the good of society. Not a waste of space, but an abuse of space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Nodin wrote: »
    It would have to be something that contributes absolutely nothing, deliberate or accidental, directly or indirectly, to the good of society. Not a waste of space, but an abuse of space.

Brussel sprout.

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Update to legal letters received by PantiBliss.
    I can now add John Waters to my list of legal correspondents. That's the full set I think.

PantiBliss twitter

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Simply unbelievable.

Mind you, the unbelievable is something catholics specialize in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

robindch wrote: »
    Simply unbelievable.

and a lack of irony

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pere, Mr P.

Have you guys got any inkling of how these type of defamation things go? :)

Cahir O'Doherty, an IrishCentral columnist, casts his eye over the homophobogate manufactroversy and doesn't much like what he sees:

http://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/cahirodoherty/Columnist-John-Waters-in-a-Panti-twist-over-anti-gay-claims.html

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Simply unbelievable.

IMHOm Waters + Iona actions can be summed up by this picture.....

FunnyPIC63.jpg

More articles appearing to show that the accusation of homophobia was well placed. They would have been better off not responding to what was said.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Simply unbelievable.

freyners wrote: »
    and a lack of irony
    And a fanatical devotion to the Pope.

Among the things ...

mikhail wrote: »
    And a fanatical devotion to the Pope.
    Nobody expects that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Or the Spanish Inquisition!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Waters weapons are surprise and fear, fear and surprise!

• Advertisement

And a massive thesaurus.

Advertisement