Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Waters No Longer Running, Derp.

Options

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

What was JCs pleasant turn of phrase (or was it someone else, they all blend into one)? Ahh, yes. Fornicator. Consensual sex between two unmarried individuals.
    That, I'm ashamed to say, was one of the elected representatives for my very own Mayo: Michelle Mulherin.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

Fun times...

March 4th (via broadsheet)

Bf5HoNzIUAAItSA.jpg-large.jpg
    Don't miss his top tips on how he pwned the Internet! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Wonder is he doing the Junior Infants to 1st Class slot too?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He makes 'manipulating public opinion' sound eeeevil but isn't that what he himself tries to do?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

efb wrote: »

I never thought I'd say it about the selective quoting of anyone but people were being really nice to JW if that's the unedited text.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dreadfully biased interviewer jerks off dreadfully biased interviewee.

Waste of electrons.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

ninja900 wrote: »
    Dreadfully biased interviewer jerks off dreadfully biased interviewee.

Waste of electrons.

Ahh but electrons are the ion[a]'s choice of force. They are attracted by opposite charges and repelled by same polarity charges. Gravity on the other hand is the gay force everything is attracted to each other!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Oh my. Just spotted the interview on Panti's facebook and hot footed it across here to quote some of Waters' choice ad hominems

“Also, it could lead to quotas for adoption for same sex couples, do you know what I mean? I agree with the question, what happens then if some young lad, imagine somebody eighteen years of age, gets his girlfriend pregnant and nobody tells him that his child is put up for adoption and then they subsequently find out that their child is being adopted by the gay couple across the road. If they as much as try to smile at their child they could be arrested.”

F**k me, that's so much arseholiness in one sentence....but here's another one

"It may take years for people to see and already we can see the consequences of that in different ways in our society. Ya know we take that a step further we can expect those consequences to multiply. So…you can’t really..ah…where we are now..there was a massive flood there last year, why? Because they tried to divert the river to build a shopping centre, right? The gay lobby are trying to divert human nature. The same consequences will ensue.”

That one is at the end of the interview. Actually couldn't read the section in between those quotes. Too sickening, and NOT HOMOPHOBIC AT ALL, clearly. :mad::mad:

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

"Well you know if two brothers applied to adopt a child, they’d be laughed out of court but the fact that they’re buggering each other would make a difference, would it?"

No sirree bob, not a trace of homophobia in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Obliq wrote: »
    Oh my. Just spotted the interview on Panti's facebook and hot footed it across here to quote some of Waters' choice ad hominems

“Also, it could lead to quotas for adoption for same sex couples, do you know what I mean? I agree with the question, what happens then if some young lad, imagine somebody eighteen years of age, gets his girlfriend pregnant and nobody tells him that his child is put up for adoption and then they subsequently find out that their child is being adopted by the gay couple across the road. If they as much as try to smile at their child they could be arrested.”

F**k me, that's so much arseholiness in one sentence....but here's another one

"It may take years for people to see and already we can see the consequences of that in different ways in our society. Ya know we take that a step further we can expect those consequences to multiply. So…you can’t really..ah…where we are now..there was a massive flood there last year, why? Because they tried to divert the river to build a shopping centre, right? The gay lobby are trying to divert human nature. The same consequences will ensue.”

That one is at the end of the interview. Actually couldn't read the section in between those quotes. Too sickening, and NOT HOMOPHOBIC AT ALL, clearly. :mad::mad:

That's an argument against any form of adoption. And possibly about improving fathers rights.

If you can read this, you're too close!

bumper234 wrote: »
    Creationist questions answered

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/PbBTk

Wrong thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

SW wrote: »
    Wrong thread?

Yup sorry

Yup sorry
    was half thinking this was a further plot twist in Waterworld :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

efb wrote: »

Waters: “No, it’s not. Equality but we’ve identified that, we’ve established that a long way back actually, that in this context, the word equality doesn’t mean equality. It is a particular, it’s really, how would I define? I would define it as it’s the prize that will arise from the defeat of certain forces who are perceived or presented as having dominated in the past. Therefore, if you are white male, straight, you’re the enemy.

Oh sure, equality doesn't mean equality. Just like homophobe doesn't mean homophobe.

Good to see JW continue his long-standing tradition of using a thesaurus to learn words rather than a dictionary.

Good to see JW continue his long-standing tradition of using a thesaurus to learn words rather than a dictionary.
    I must respectfully submit that JW writes as though he has never learned any words, ever, from anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Does he really think that people of almost his age are trying to be 'cool' and 'trendy' by supporting equality, being non-religious and pro-choice? Seriously?
    I am boggled by him, I am a forty+ mother of three, I have worked and lived in Ireland my whole life, I grew up in a small town and lived in Irish cities, I think I am pretty normal. As a busy mother of three young children I have not thought about doing anything 'cool or trendy' since I was a teenager.
    Does it not occur to him that i might actually have thought about my beliefs? About my position on choice? About my position on basic humanity?
    I look everyday at my children and think I love them the same amount, they are able to do anything they want equally; I would tear anyone to shreds who tells me otherwise. The idea that anyone would tell one of my children in the future that they did not have the same rights as the others is deeply offensive to me.
    He annoys the f out of me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

lynski wrote: »
    As a busy mother of three young children I have not thought about doing anything 'cool or trendy' since I was a teenager.
    Fair play to you, I am a father of two and the idea of trying to be cool or trendy makes me tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

CramCycle wrote: »
    Fair play to you, I am a father of two and the idea of trying to be cool or trendy makes me tired.

I am both cool and trendy - it is indeed very time consuming

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

wprathead wrote: »
    I am both cool and trendy - it is indeed very time consuming

I don't have time. I am far too busy being a walking, talking, living embodiment of everything Iona and JW find objectionable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I don't have time. I am far too busy being a walking, talking, living embodiment of everything Iona and JW find objectionable.

You sound perfect

iDave wrote: »
    You sound perfect

Perfectly awful.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Bannasidhe wrote: »

PRIDE!!!!! Another sin you can add to that ever increasing list :D

PRIDE!!!!! Another sin you can add to that ever increasing list :D

Awwww...bumholes!

There goes my teeth brushing time. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

QfAPWag.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Waters is either a homophobe or a troll - the Irish Times shouldn't waste their money hiring either.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭AerynSun

Obliq wrote: »
    ... that's so much arseholiness in one sentence...

And that's officially my favourite post of the day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think someone needs to do a mock up of this with John Waters and "Not a homophobe"

s_38_107__tedracist.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭AerynSun

Oh look.... it's:

new_flush.jpg

• Advertisement

^^^ Waters going down the pan again?

Advertisement