Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram Upgrade

Options
  • 05-07-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi all,

On my dell dimension 3000

I have just finished upgrading my HDD from 80Gb to 500Gb, all ok.

My next step is to up the ram from 1Gb to 2Gb.

I scanned my pc with crucial.com scanner and it came back with these recommendations (see screen grab)

What is the difference between DDR PC2700 & DDR PC3200

Which one should I get?

Are Crucial.com Ram any good or where should I get some?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

PC3200 is the standard which the chips adhere to. These show the speed at which the RAM operates at, or how fast it can talk to the CPU. Obviously the higher this is the better, but during normal use of a computer you will hardly notice the difference in PC3200 and PC2700. So from your picture since there is two chips for the same price but one is PC3200 it would be the better option of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

shop around for better prices. I found crucial to be quite expensive. memoryc.ie are usually cheap and fast delivery. mymemory.co.uk are ok but charge for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Three DDR RAM modules from memory.com

Which is better value

1.STANDARD PC3200
    CAS LATENCY CL2
    MEMORY TIMINGS 2-3-2-5
    VOLTAGE 2.6V-2.75V
    €72 (pair)

2.STANDARD PC3200
    CAS LATENCY CL3
    MEMORY TIMINGS 3-3-3
    VOLTAGE 2.5V