Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appendix Op

Options
  • 05-07-2011 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

My young lad age 18 had his appendix op last week.
    He plays a lot of sport and after just a week feels he can start light training .I think he is not ready for anything like this .How long should it be before he can train and how long before he can actually play matches .Gaelic Football is his summer sport .
    Thanks Guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Squatman

ask his doctor!...............
    ....but if he feels up to it himself, just make sure he eases himself into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

lenny1020 wrote: »
    My young lad age 18 had his appendix op last week.
    He plays a lot of sport and after just a week feels he can start light training .I think he is not ready for anything like this .How long should it be before he can train and how long before he can actually play matches .Gaelic Football is his summer sport .
    Thanks Guys

I had mine out was warned no excessive sport for almost a month although I was very young at the time and was borderline rupturing when I made it into the o.r. . I would say give it at least another week, although I'm presuming he had keyhole surgery which heals quicker than the other? one. No harm in asking doctor as above.

Advertisement