Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert - Music

• 06-07-2011 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if I can go back and do my leaving cert music??? I di my leaving cert about 7 years ago but did not take musc, I did it for my junior though. I am now very interested in going back.... Does anyone kno if this is possible????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

quinnerz86 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows if I can go back and do my leaving cert music??? I di my leaving cert about 7 years ago but did not take musc, I did it for my junior though. I am now very interested in going back.... Does anyone kno if this is possible????

Yes you can. No offense seems like a waste of time to be honest! Contact your local secondary school or VEC!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 quinnerz86

Thank you, I'm just intersted in continuing education with music like maybe doing a trad music degree so I would need this! Thanks though:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't contact local schools, they are unlikely to enrol you for one subject.

You need to contact the SEC in January and register to sit Music as an external student.

It will be seen as a repeat Leaving and you will be charged the repeat fee.
    I did Art in the Leaving a few years ago (first Leaving 1980) - never a waste of time to further your education.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

spurious wrote: »
    Don't contact local schools, they are unlikely to enrol you for one subject.

But wouldn't s/he need to contact them to get permission to be an external candidate there before contacting the SEC?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

But wouldn't s/he need to contact them to get permission to be an external candidate there before contacting the SEC?

No, the SEC will ask what centre the candidate would like - usually the closest geographically.

If there was some reason the school didn't want the OP in the building (unlikely, but in an extreme situation, maybe they burned down a lab when they were at school there) then the SEC would assign another.

Schools get their lists of external candidates usually in May - for the purposes of assigning centres/readers/attendants etc.. If they cannot cope with the numbers assigned to them, they contact Athlone and they will send some elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement