Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exercise classes carlow

• 06-07-2011 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows of pilates or zumba or something in carlow. I know there are classes but they all seem to just last a few weeks and end. Id rather something casual, on each week where you pay on the day and not a down payment for 6 weeks. Also something fun like what I mentioned or boxercise or something, for beginners just to try get fit. It would just be nice to find something on a regular bases with other people 20+ just wanting to get fit.
    If anyone knows of anything let me know, thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

jojo86 wrote: »
    Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows of pilates or zumba or something in carlow. I know there are classes but they all seem to just last a few weeks and end. Id rather something casual, on each week where you pay on the day and not a down payment for 6 weeks. Also something fun like what I mentioned or boxercise or something, for beginners just to try get fit. It would just be nice to find something on a regular bases with other people 20+ just wanting to get fit.
    If anyone knows of anything let me know, thanks!!!

I don't know about 20+ but try Seven Oaks for pilates :) you will love it :). I think it's open for non memebers but am not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

St. Laurence O'Tooles running club have a 'fit 4 life' group that does a circuits class on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8 until 9. Its good for beginners, the age range is 20+ & it's ladies only, lovely mix of people & levels & the coach James is great.
    Its very casual, price is €10 per month so you get a lot of bang for your buck & you wont feel like you're wasting money if you can't make it. You can try out a couple of classes F.O.C. to see if you like it.
    Some women meet at 7.30 & do a short run before the circuit class, they also meet other evenings but mainly long runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭jojo86

Hey realistspy, do you know are those pilates classes run over a long period of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Zumba will be starting back in Mount Wolseley in Aug/Sept. There is loads of classes running out there though at the moment that are €6.50 for non-members.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Setanta1974

Clint Wilkie and Willie Power run pilates classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings as far as I know in that new building where Doyle's of the Shamrock used to be. Pretty sure you just call in when you want and pay as you go.

Here is a contact number 059 9139993

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Bit of a late addition to this thread but if you are still looking to join a regular exercise group and a group of people to have a bit of banter and craic with have a look at the fit2go bootcamp. it is on each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in the presentation sports pitches.

Advertisement