Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic cones on bus lane before Claregalway

Options
  • 06-07-2011 7:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Coming from town to Claregalway there's a bus lane. For a few weeks now there's traffic cones on the first section of the bus lane, blocking the lane.

Anyone know why? The road seems in fine condition.

cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

This is in the Galway City forum because......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

a. Because I clicked on the galway city forum, clicked on 'new thread', entered a new post and clicked on 'submit new thread'.

b. a lot of posts for Claregalway are entered in the Galway City forum. It's about 10km from the city center, many people consider it the border between city and county.

But the question should be why are the cones there!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Claregalway and environs are in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

snubbleste wrote: »
    Claregalway and environs are in the county.

I know that really but like many others I feel that many people would be subscribed to Galway City but not county. And that they'd have info on these nearby regions (Oranmore, Claregalway etc).
    Whereas Galway county would have many people subscribed who are nowhere near Cgalway.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

dinneenp wrote: »
    I know that really but like many others I feel that many people would be subscribed to Galway City but not county. And that they'd have info on these nearby regions (Oranmore, Claregalway etc).
    Whereas Galway county would have many people subscribed who are nowhere near Cgalway.

sounds like a specific Claregalway forum would sort this out :D

or perhaps a move to transport or infrastructure. Would this be related to bus lanes in general or just to that particular one. you're best bet for an informed opinion would be in Infrastructure/roads either way i think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

dinneenp wrote: »

I like mustard.
    Dijion is my favorite.

Decided to post this here as the mustard forum is a bit quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Its Perfectly fine that he posts here in my opinion.

I did see them the other day and wondered the same thing. My wife reckons there was a pothole there... but I didn't see it as I was driving.
    boardzz wrote: »
    This is in the Galway City forum because......
    Nice first post troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Friendly bunch in here, First world problems at their best :rolleyes:

Just a guess but it may be something to do with a skid resistance coating or the lack of one; the motorway slip road was closed off for ages for this reason

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lol, hope everyone can let it go for now and discuss the cones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Friendly bunch in here, First world problems at their best :rolleyes:

Cone you take a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Sniipe wrote: »

Nice first post troll.
    I as a new member go by the rules and a moderator of all people decides to call me a troll...well that's a great welcome from boards.ie
    I'll think twice before deciding to use this website again.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

Cone you scare off new members?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

66bc1.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I did not realise they were building a bus lane on the tuam road...and to think of the amount of posts the SQR one generated..

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

I as a new member go by the rules and a moderator of all people decides to call me a troll...well that's a great welcome from boards.ie
    i am with you on that. they are so up tight on boards.ie. if some one make a itsey bitsey mistake they go on and on untill 3 pages later the lovable moderator get,s peed of and close the thread .;):D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

If you read the rules you would know there is no backseat modding allowed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

are the cones still there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Oops, a lost customer. Drat.
    Someone was broke down amid those cones yesterday. It was a woman who was being helped by two male drivers who were changing her tyre. And who said chivalry is dead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Heard yesterday that the cones are there because the road is collapsing in that part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

IBTL-Trinity.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    are the cones still there ?

They were there on Sunday afternoon, at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Cones are still there. Road is indeed sinking, including the footpath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I think they're just diggin for the craic at this stage, they've started on Turloughmore now.

Am just curious, what are those man-hole-like / drain-type covers or whatever they are outside people's houses in Claregalway at the moment? I think an odd one used to be petered around but they're like in front of most houses now. Just that the open spaces / slots in them seem to be pretty big .... A pet cat or small dog etc. could go down one .......

Advertisement