Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

15 month old pooping in bath

• 06-07-2011 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

The thread title says it all!! My little girl poops in the bath, every time, no matter what time of day. It's disgusting, and a lot of hard work. Hard to be mad with her though, she's delighted with herself, bless her!

Has anyone else had this problem and have you any ideas for me on how to have a feces free bath time?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

No major advice and I feel your pain having to clean it up :( but a thought... might it be that her muscles are relaxing in the warm water and she finds it easier to poop there? Train of thought then goes might it be that is she a little constipated? Or alternatively it could just be a phase... I actually remember doing this as a toddler myself and thinking it was very funny, I also distinctly remember that my brother (also in the bath) and Mother DID NOT think it was so funny, must have only spurred me on!!... I haven't done it for a good while now :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah, I would say she loves the trouble she's causing! :D

Maybe get one of those little fish nets from the pet shop (you know with the very fine mesh) and just scoop it out and say nothing to her. If it's *ahem* loose clean it up and say nothing to her. So you're playing with her when she's not pooing but ignoring her when she does?

Then again it could be that bath time just happens to coincide with poo time and maybe a change of bath time might work?

I can just picture her though, so proud of herself! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

as a short term solution, you could bathe her in a swimming nappy and just clean the nappy area with a cloth separately. Try naked baths again when she is toilet trained?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

seen this earlier and thought it was unusual until madam decided to do it herself. Luckily she's been hating the bath lately so i only fill a basin of water and put that into bath and she's starting to like baths again. Was grand because she went into this so was able to just flush it down toilet. I did keep her in bath longer today as she was enjoying it, would reducing bath time help? I'm not sure i'll prob just do swim nappies myself if she keeps doing it

Advertisement