Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning a detailed route

Options
  • 06-07-2011 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

I have an old TomTom Go - 520T, I think it is.

Here's what I want to do: I've found a more direct route to the beach (by my old method of putting the map on the ground and drawing a line with a ruler from my house to the destination, then marking the easiest route along that ruler line).

I'd like to set TomTom to follow this route - for example,

Churchtown Road
    Lower Taney Road
    Drummartin Road
    Lower Kilmacud Road

(and so on).

Is there any way to set up a route like that? I'd like to be able to do that, give it a name (eg Seaside by Kilmacud) get used to the route guided by the satnav, then learn to drive it without guidance both ways.

And is it possible to set up such a route and then drive it *backwards*, or do you have to set up two separate routes? If you can do it at all.

Edit: I've found a way of planning a multiple route, but it's extremely kludgy - "itinerary planning". I set up, let's say, Sandycove Point/Sandycove Avenue West as the destination, and Lower Kilmacud Road as a point along the route.

Then I ask it to show me the way it plans to take to Lower Kilmacud Road, and it offers a route no sane driver would consider. I ask it to replan, and it finds a better route.

But I can't then ask to see how it plans to get from Lower Kilmacud Road to Sandycove Point. Madness!

Advertisement