Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies bike?

• 06-07-2011 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I need to acquire a ladies bike very soon. Problem is I only have a very tiny budget so I'm thinking second-hand is the way to go. Could anyone please recommend any shops that sell second-hand bikes? Or contact me via PM if you or someone you know has one to sell/get rid of. I would be much obliged

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

u should try done deal there is a few on that and also adverts.ie u might even pick them up for free also im clearing out my garden shed the weekend ill let ya no if i have any think theyre all mens tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Thank you Laura, I've already checked those sites unfortunately to no avail. Would be interested to hear whatever your garden shed throws at you! :) Do shops tend to exclusively deal in new bikes? Besides local newspapers, I'm at a loss as to where else to look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bike Shop up on O'Connell Avenue used to take trade-ins, not sure these days. They were not cheap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Aye, Bike Shop would be a place to look. What's the name of the shop on Broad St? If it's still there that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Siopa Rothar Teo is still alive and kicking on Broad Street. I have bought a couple of good second-hand bikes from him in the past. Bike Shop on O'Connell St is only interested in selling bike-to-work scheme bikes nowadays, it seems to me. There is also a new bike shop on Shelbourne Road next to St Camillus hospital, called Bicycle Stop. I did this little search for you on donedeal too, for ladies bikes. Let me know if you go for the rusty one. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

The Bike shop in O'Connell ave also does secondhand bikes. We have always used him and he does know his stuff.

golden8 wrote: »
    The Bike shop in O'Connell ave also does secondhand bikes. We have always used him and he does know his stuff.

Well, you will have to be prepared to wait and wait and wait to be served.

Only if you go in on Saturdays. We have never gone in on Saturday. Besides I would always like to go to a busy shop than a empty one. They are generally busy for a reason. He also did not use the Back to work scheme on us.

Joe knows his bikes inside and out hes a walking computer. Whereas the one on Siopa Rothar had to use a catalogue and just went down the specs which we could of done that ourselves.

For the record dont have any affiliation with any bike shop. This is from personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Thanks a million guys. Looks like I'm off to find Broad St and Shelbourne Rd tomorrow -though the rust on Donedeal is all kinds of tempting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

+1

Only if you go in on Saturdays. We have never gone in on Saturday. Besides I would always like to go to a busy shop than a empty one. They are generally busy for a reason. He also did not use the Back to work scheme on us.

Joe knows his bikes inside and out hes a walking computer. Whereas the one on Siopa Rothar had to use a catalogue and just went down the specs which we could of done that ourselves.

For the record dont have any affiliation with any bike shop. This is from personal experience.

From my personal experience,he knows his stuff but regardless of the day you go in you will be left waiting

• Advertisement

Well, I am glad that your experience of that shop is better than mine. The last few times I have gone in there, on various weekdays, to buy tubes or other bike parts, I have been left waiting and waiting and waiting. Other more important bike-to-work customers to be served first. Why can't he have two people serving customers when there are 4-7 people waiting? I have wasted my last tea-break calling into that shop. If I was buying a new bike, I would still go into him, probably, because he has a great selection of new, affordable bikes, but that is the only time I would be willing to deal with that shop from now on.

(I know this is smart-arsed, but if you have never gone in on Saturday, how do you know not to go in on Saturdays? Sorry, couldn't help pointing out the fallacy.)

I know people who go in to the Bike Shop as well and have the experience of waiting on Saturdays.

Advertisement