Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Islabikes

• 06-07-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up for fellow parents. I tried to order a bike from Islabikes for my son this morning and was told that they no longer deliver to Ireland. Apparently their courier company no longer deliver here. They are trying to put in place alternative arrangements but they can't say when that will be done.

BTW, if anyone has a Beinn 20 large lying around that might be for sale, let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I bought a bike just a couple of months ago from them.

Looks like I just made it in time.

Great little bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Indeed - great bikes! The eldest got from "santa" and already his brother is asking how long before he can have it!

I see they've started doing clothes as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Great bike. My daughter loves her first racing bike. I can't help but feel that there is a common thread emerging: no delivery from Isla, crc problems, wiggle delays, ribble delays...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Agree with all the above. Great racing machines for little people!

Got my 9 year old a Luath24 which he'll get another year out of. Good build quality, fairly light, nice looking and tremendous value for money. The single chain ring and good range of gears at the back make it easy to get him used to gears. Will probably get him another before he transfers to an "adult" bike.

http://www.islabikes.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Another +1 for Islabikes they really are a cut above the rest arent they?
    Have a Beinn 20 large but will be holding on to it for as long as possible.At least another year...
    Not much consolation to th OP though-suggest you have a look around the popular sites,bikeradar etc,maybe youll come across a second hand one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

OP, you could try to arrange the shipping yourself via shiply.com. If someone tenders a good offer for a specific date you could then contact Isla to see if they'll have it ready for collection on that date. A little messy but perhaps worth considering.

Lemag wrote: »
    OP, you could try to arrange the shipping yourself via shiply.com. If someone tenders a good offer for a specific date you could then contact Isla to see if they'll have it ready for collection on that date. A little messy but perhaps worth considering.

Meant to say something similar in my earlier post! The likes of DHL( or any courier ) will pick up from the UK and deliver in Ireland. You'll just need to pay for bike as usual and get an idea of weight/box size. Probably easier to track whereabouts of order this way too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Got a quote from DHL - £137 stg - there might even be VAT to add on to that. Islabikes charge £24 to ship to Northern Ireland so I might see if I can get a friend up there to accept delivery and invite him to dinner in Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Got a quote from DHL - £137 stg - there might even be VAT to add on to that. Islabikes charge £24 to ship to Northern Ireland so I might see if I can get a friend up there to accept delivery and invite him to dinner in Dublin!
    I always get my deliveries to parents house in the north and usually save a lot on charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Just resurrecting this to say that I contacted Islabikes last week to order for delivery to my friend up north to find that they have sorted their delivery problems to the 26 counties. £40 is a bit pricey but there was no point in getting delivery to Belfast for the sake of saving £16.

It's a good bit bigger than his current bike so his mother asked him how he was going to ride it. He looked her right between the eyes and replied "fast". I may have shed a tear.

• Advertisement

Best puchase I ever made present Santa ever brought to my house!

Was a bit too big for my chap at Christmas '09 but perfect now and for another year I hope. Two wins in his last two under 10 races means he thinks he's Mark Cavandish now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement