Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coop Visits?

Options
  • 06-07-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Ok peep's, I have my Coop visit coming up soon, actually wait no it's next week. Balls.

What normally happen's at these? Do I need to have anything prepared for it? How long does it normally last and are they marked or scored in anyway? Have I anything to write up for just the visit? Or does the inspector person sir just come in, walk around, I tell them what I do, they speak to someone that can talk on my behalf, and leave?

I don't know what to expect or do so any advice would be just so super.

Spanks!

Ps, I do business if it makes a difference. Yeh yeh Zzzzzz and all that..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

They'll take your "boss" into a room and talk to him/her privately. Suck up to him/her in the week.

Then your inspector will talk to you privately. They'll ask you how you're getting on, if you're having any problems, what you've learned relevant to your course, whether it's something you could see yourself doing in the future and whether you're keeping a journal of your coop (even if you aren't say yes to this question).

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Are you at home or abroad? I was in France for mine and although I was told I'd be having a visit a few days before the agreed date I got an email to say they couldn't make it..

However if you're at home you probably won't be as lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

The place I was working in was having a staff training day on the day my supervisior was meant to come, so I effectively had my visit over the phone.
    She rang my boss first, had a big long chat with him. She rang me then and the other UL student working there a few minutes later (seperately), asked me how I was getting on, what I enjoyed the most about working there, how would I rate my experience of working there, what were my main responsibilities, etc. and what have I learnt from working there. I don't remember her asking about keeping a journal, but maybe she did.
    I'm doing an arts course but I'd say it's similar for business.
    She was really nice to me on the phone anyway, I was a bit flustered talking to her as I only got about 10 minutes notice that she was going to call but it went grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DR.Magoo

Cool lad's thanks a million, i'm in Ireland btw. Hopefully it goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I just got an email from my advisor asking my boss and I to fill out a performance sheet. So much for that... Not even a phone call ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I got in touch with my visitor back in early June to let him know I wouldn't be available on certain dates for the meeting, he said that's no problem as July wasn't any good for him either.
    He said he would be in touch and hoped to meet me some time late June, and haven't heard from him since :\

Advertisement