Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highchair or booster seat?

• 06-07-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Our 2 year old has outgrown his cheap and cheeerful IKEA highchair.

Just wondering what our options are...should we go for a larger highchair, or a booster seat which would attach onto our regular kitchen chairs?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What about one of those cushions you can tie to the chair?

Our lad is only 18 months but he's started sitting at the kitchen table with us now that he can get down safely by himself. He doesn't get down though, he's happy as larry sitting up at the table with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

You should take a look at the Stoke chair.

We have a Stoke for our little one and it was a great investment. The chair is adjustable so the child won't grow out of it ... at all ... ever! I made a point of trying it out myself and thought it was very comfortable and very usable even for an adult. Indeed, the sales person in Tony Kealy's told me that he uses a Stoke in his office. Sales patter perhaps but having tried it out myself, I thought not.

I particularly like the way that the chair can be pushed right into the table so that the child is actually sitting at the table and is involved in the meal.

To put it into some context, We originally had a Bloom Fresco high-chair which some would regard as one of the best on the market. It was, indeed, very good and we really liked it, but we prefer the Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

we've been using a booster seat with our little fella since he was about a year old. I think he likes being at the table with us and it also saves the space that the high chair used to take up in the kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

liamo wrote: »
    You should take a look at the Stoke chair.

Bit steep on the old price tag there, 259 yoyos? Out of our league right now!!...I think the booster might be the best option? Are they all pretty standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Claire de Lune

Hi there,

we bought this booster seat for our son and have been using it since he was 6 months (21 months now)

http://www.toys.ie/Fisher-Price-Booster-Seat-!100577-prd.aspx

We are very happy with it, it's very safe and easy to clean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I got booster chair for my daughter who's 15 months, I forgot that its not as sturdy as high chair and walked away to get her drink and she turned to look and whatever way she done it the chair toppled. So just be careful and make sure chair is against a wall to stop it falling back

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Eyeore

At 2 yrs I would think a booster seat. It would be good for him to be able to sit at the table with you. Plus its way cheaper than another highchair. I got one in argos for less than 20 quid and its perfect.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

+ 1 on a booster.

2 yrs is too old to be investing in a new chair, imo!

He'll enjoy being grown-up at the table. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We're about to start weaning and as we live in an apartment space is at a premium. We considered the Tripp Trapp but can't afford it right now. After hearing good things from other mums who'd used them instead of highchairs, I got a 'travel' booster seat in mothercare today for €29 on sale. It's pretty much the same as the fisher price one above.

Only 2 weeks to go until we have bits of carrot and broccoli being flung around the living room :)

Advertisement