Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK - 6th July 2011 (Episode 10)

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

amacachi wrote: »
    Please, of the 5 left there's Tom and Susan who are fcukin useless, Natasha who is like a business dictionary and Helen who showed herself as a complete snake tongith. Jim hasn't exactly been fantastic all the way through.

What has she ever done???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Please, of the 5 left there's Tom and Susan who are fcukin useless, Natasha who is like a business dictionary and Helen who showed herself as a complete snake tongith. Jim hasn't exactly been fantastic all the way through.

How was Helen a snake? She was very upfront with Melody about wanting to be PM. She told her straight out that she thought Melody wasn't up to it. Giving her a hug at the end doesn't make her a snake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Normally during You're Fired I think the fired candidates come across pretty well and make me sorry I was baying for their blood five minutes earlier.

Tonight...yeah, not so much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

maudgonner wrote: »
    Normally during You're Fired I think the fired candidates come across pretty well and make me sorry I was baying for their blood five minutes earlier.

Tonight...yeah, not so much...

Only amacachi likes her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Chinafoot wrote: »
    How was Helen a snake? She was very upfront with Melody about wanting to be PM. She told her straight out that she thought Melody wasn't up to it. Giving her a hug at the end doesn't make her a snake.

You don't see how her offering to be PM was purely strategic and whatever Melody said back she was going to win from the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

You don't see how her offering to be PM was purely strategic and whatever Melody said back she was going to win from the situation.

It was totally strategic! A clever move though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Can somebody tell her that she doesn't actually "come across as so strong all the time", she comes across as an agressive, egotistical, annoying moaner. Or would it be rude of Dara to say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Right lads, it was a good night, same time tomorrow night????

See ye all then x

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Finally, that awful wagon Melody is gone!

Arrogant, manipulative, useless, unpleasant, dim, pushy, self serving, annoying voice... ugh. Fire Susan next please.

Jim was on fire tonight! Still think Helen has this in the bag though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Will be sure to watch tomorrow, spent a few weeks working in Cookstown in Tyrone a few years ago

I think that's where Jim is from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Some atrociously choppy editing in tonights episode in the boardroom scenes.

I was sure it would be Tom getting the boot as Sugar seemed to have a bit of thing for Melody.

She got a fair ripping on You're Fired when they were trying to pin her down on what exactly her "business" does. She came across as an interview candidate that's been caught out spoofing on their CV. Made for slightly uncomfortable viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Delighted that arrogant bitch is gone. They weren't nearly as harsh on her on You're Fried as they should have been though. She should have been fired last week, and should even have been fired the week before if it wasn't for the fact that Leon was even more useless than her. I could never work with someone like Melody; she's all talk and just dominates people instead of working with them. She's just a bully tbh. I can't believe she works with young people; I'd have been terrified of that thing talking down to me when I was young.

There's no way either of the other two could have or should have been fired. Tom was the strongest member by far and Helen, despite her flawed strategy, has done way too much over the previous 9 weeks and should be allowed one "bad task".

Hope Natasha goes next; she's always been pretty useless.

Would like to see Tom and Helen in the final, although I've warmed to Susan a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Apparently, i heard the interview stage IS the final this year. The usual final, where all the old candidates come back wont be happening this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Although i'm delighted Melody is finally gone, I would like to have seen her at interview stage, reckon they'd have great fun dissecting her cv and she'd be shown up as a spoofer.

Glad Lord Sugar mentioned Helen just happened to be on the winning team each week - I think she's been basking in undeserved glory for the last few weeks. She is a good organiser but I'm not convinced she was responsible for winning every week. I think she was believing her own hype with the attempted 'coup', thinking she'd be better. May have been a turning point for her, we've seen a bit of a sneaky side.

Glad to see JediJim back from week 1 and 2 but I reckon that was just because it was a selling task which he seems to be able to charm his way through, however I still think there's something slightly underhand about him - can't put my finger on it but I wouldn't trust him...

And I really like Susie, ok she's a bit annoying but I think she did herself justice this week and I really think she's being bullied by the other girls. She's being criticised for not standing up for herself but she's getting it from all the strong girls and the lads all seem to look the other way, letting the women just get on with it. I think her age is a disadvantage but that's something Lord Sugar could take on role of mentor, making her an apprentice in the true sense of the word.

And as for Tom he's great! I actually think he is what Lord Sugar should be looking for. I'm not sure why he is looking for someone with business skills as in my view that is what he would be bringing to the partnership, with Tom the creative, ideas man. Maybe he realises that himself and that's why he gave Tom a pass this week.

Definitely hope Natasha, yeah, goes next week, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I guess I'm the only one that actually likes Susan?
    Sure she can be a bit dim and come out with some pretty stupid statements e.g. Do the French love their children?" but she brings a lot of positivity to the tasks and doesn't seem to have a scheming side to her and tries to do her best for the team rather than trying to nitpick at whatever anyone else is doing.
    She needs to mature a bit more but of the ones there I could see her becoming the most successful - just not at anything particularly complicated. :pac:

I couldn't work with Natasha or Melody for more than five minutes before they'd do my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Of course it was strategic. Helen wanted to win the task and she knew Melody was making a balls of it. None of those people are friends. They all want to win.

And if strategy = snake then Melody is a king cobra after the Paris challenge.

Apparently, i heard the interview stage IS the final this year. The usual final, where all the old candidates come back wont be happening this time.

That'd be a shame, I like when they bring the old candidates back.
    Of course some don't come back

That bullying lad from Week 1 who got sacked as PM, no way would he come back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I guess I'm the only one that actually likes Susan?
    Sure she can be a bit dim and come out with some pretty stupid statements e.g. Do the French love their children?" but she brings a lot of positivity to the tasks and doesn't seem to have a scheming side to her and tries to do her best for the team rather than trying to nitpick at whatever anyone else is doing.
    She needs to mature a bit more but of the ones there I could see her becoming the most successful - just not at anything particularly complicated. :pac:

I couldn't work with Natasha or Melody for more than five minutes before they'd do my head in.

I like Susan. She's actually got quite a dippy, self-depreciating sense of humour and the fact that she doesn't take herself as seriously as some of the others (Natasha, looking at you, YEAH?) is quite refreshing.

At the same time, she obviously has a bit of get-up-and-go in her based on what she has already achieved at her age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah Susan is infinitely more likeable than that horrible creature Natasha, yeah?! YEAH?! GRRRRRRR! Can't stand her. Total bitch and complete thicko.

Had a soft spot for Melody until seeing her on You're Fired, came across soooo fake on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Glad to see Melody finally ditched, seriously, what does she do??? Anyone else quite fancy Helen? Just me? I'll get me coat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Helen is useless and has just got lucky on tasks,I feel if she was put in with a strong bunch from previous years she woul be wiped off the floor.
    None of them are exceptional and how Tom is still in the process beggars belief.

Anyone use linkedin

I use it, just have a short profile of myself

But I don't have a CV like this!
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/melody-hossaini/29/147/775

But after reading it I still don't know what she does :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

So glad Melody went this week, but would have been equally happy to see Natasha go, as I can't stand either of them.

When Helen and Tom got back to the house, Helen said something about Tom being naughty to her and she was trying to forgive him. What did she mean by that? Was it just because he said in the boardroom that she and Melody were to blame? That's hardly a back-stabbing comment from Tom because (a) it was true and (b) it's not like he was singling Helen out but mentioned both of them as being at fault.

Of the five remaining I really hope Natasha goes next week as I can't stand her since she directed the dog food commercial. As for the rest, it's hard to know who I'd like to win - there's their ability which I'd probably rank: Helen, Jim, Susan, Tom; and then there's their personality which I'd rank probably in the exact reverse order. Which would mean I'd like to see Tom and Susan in the final, but it'll probably be Helen and Jim. By the way, I think Susan is being bullied by the other girls, and I was itching for Jim to stand up for her against Natasha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

quickbeam wrote: »
    By the way, I think Susan is being bullied by the other girls, and I was itching for Jim to stand up for her against Natasha.
    That was never going to happen as there was nothing in it for Jim. Besides he pulled the same thing himself in the boardroom with the Bambi thing some time back.

Anyway I thought Susan did a good job of giving Natasha enough rope to hang herself. It's a bit of an indictment of how poor this year's contestants are that Natasha made the final five.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I've no idea how Natasha got this far, it's as if she just happened to be on the right team at the right time.

I think a lot of you are underestimating the value of Tom and Susie , especially Tom, in this years apprentice.

What good original ideas have Helen or Jim, the strong sellers, had?

If I were Lord Sugar, I'd want Tom's ingenuity and Helens sales ability, I don't think Jim is suited to corporate sales (He might just promise the stars! Or em Harry Potter). I have a soft spot for Susie she can be so feisty and goes after things when she has some confidence, like the way she was selling the bracelets.

Overall I think in the right part of London one could sell a large number of nodding dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

laugh wrote: »
    I think a lot of you are underestimating the value of Tom and Susie , especially Tom, in this years apprentice.

Yeah, Tom is no salesman, but Sugar is not looking for a salesman - and anyway, he's able to push himself to do sales, and he does a credible job outside his "comfort zone".

The one thing that Sugar is always going on about to him is how he only expresses his concerns in hindsight. However he does see what's going wrong. Sugar is adept enough to know how to manage Tom and draw out his concerns if the two of them did indeed go into business together.

Susie is vastly underrated, and it's because she's a young woman who appears vulnerable. She is literally bullied by all the rest. However she does talk herself into trouble, and some of the naïve things she says are just laughable. I know that when she said "do the French love their children?" she meant something along the lines of "how prominent is the place of children in French society?".

It's a case of learning to be better able to express herself, and not just always sound like a fool, so maybe she has a bit of growing to do before she's ready for something like this. However she was a very good PM in one of the earlier tasks, so if she can grow up a little, so that people respect her more, she could really be quite an able individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Susan is useless,I would not trust her to make a slice of toast

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

mikemac wrote: »
    Anyone use linkedin

I love this bit:
    Official Presenter for Al Gore
    The Climate Project
    Nonprofit; Nonprofit Organization Management industry
    2007 – Present (4 years)

Completed a 2-day training with Nobel Peace Prize Winner Al Gore at Cambridge, and have adapted the materials to be suitable for young people, making it also interactive with unique

A two-day course gets put down as a major achievement with a timeline of 4 years. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

mikemac wrote: »
    Anyone use linkedin

I have a better idea, but she use's the "Royal We" extensively. This is an old trick by one man band operations to make clients believe they are dealing with a larger organisation. She is some self promoter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement