Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland AFC?

Options
  • 06-07-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Just heard recently that there is a team in the Wicklow league called Charlesland AFC and that they won division 3 the season just finished. Tried to get some info/contact details for them but could'nt find any. Does anyone have any details or know where they play/train even? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Havent a clue myself but found this online as I'm sure you probably did.
    IT'S ALL CHANGE in Division 4 for Newtown Park Celtic.
    They have altered their name to Charlesland AFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Contact info on this page for Newtown Park Celtic:

http://www.wicklowleague.ie/Info.htm

Seems to suggest they play in Charlesland, which is most likely the astro facility behind the Park&Ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 liamdunne81

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

As far as I know, and I didn't even know there was a pitch there until last week, this Charlesland pitch is behind the Astro pitches at Jackie Skelley. Walk up the path past the skate dome and you come to a field and pitch.

On the link provided above it says Newtown Park play in Charlesland and Greystones Utd in Woodlands which is the area behind the P&R

• Registered Users Posts: 26 liamdunne81

darsar wrote: »
    As far as I know, and I didn't even know there was a pitch there until last week, this Charlesland pitch is behind the Astro pitches at Jackie Skelley. Walk up the path past the skate dome and you come to a field and pitch.

On the link provided above it says Newtown Park play in Charlesland and Greystones Utd in Woodlands which is the area behind the P&R

Yeah you're right. I was talking to the mananger earlier and the play on the pitch behind behind the astro at Jackie Skelley's

• Advertisement
Advertisement