Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pixmania they have our money need help

• 06-07-2011 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I'll start with some background info to cover most questions.

My mom purchased vouchers for €400 for my brother at Christmas so he could build a new PC. She didn't get the voucher yet so she printed off the receipt and gave it to my brother. For him €400 wasn't enough to build a gaming PC so he saved his money until now. When he went to go order his items he realised that there was no voucher code. This is when the trouble begins.

I contacted Pixmania last Thursday and they said that the order was not processed and they have not received payment. They told me that I need to contact my bank and check if money was debited from the account.

I contacted the bank and I was charged €400 to pixmania. I then contacted Pixmania and they said to email the bank statement. I did this and I got an automated email back asking for information which was already provided.

Now Pixmania are saying that they will contact head office (they say that in every phone call) and respond within 24 hours (they haven't responded yet).

Right now they have our money and seem to be doing nothing about it. Which is technically stealing, if I walked into a store and took €400 worth of goods I would be in jail and the store would be pressing charges. How come Pixmania can get away with it????

I know from previous experience I had a PC part fail and it took almost 2 months for Pixmania to fix it (they state 21 working days).

What can we do? I know that the company is based in Paris but can the police or anything get involved because it is within the EU?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Pred192 wrote: »
    Now Pixmania are saying that they will contact head office (they say that in every phone call) and respond within 24 hours (they haven't responded yet).

Which is technically stealing. How come Pixmania can get away with it????

What can we do? I know that the company is based in Paris but can the police or anything get involved because it is within the EU?

It is not stealing. You gave them the money (for a product/service). You are doing what you can, for now. They are investigating. The Gardai will not get involved, since this is a civil matter, a contract issue.

If you are not happy, you can file a case with the small claims court. This will take some time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Pred192

They are not investigating I have yet to hear a reply or resolution they keep on saying they have not received payment.

I don't understand how it is not stealing i gave them money for a product which I have not received and it is 7 months over due. If I went to Dell and put a deposit on a laptop and received it then stopped payment I would be sued by Dell.

Dell is just an example off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

They are not investigating I have yet to hear a reply or resolution they keep on saying they have not received payment.

According to your post, they are investigating. They would have thousands (or more) of bank transactions per day, and even with your bank statement, it may take them days to weeks to find that one specific transaction that is over 7 months old now.

Give them a bit of time, but continue to chase them.

I don't understand how it is not stealing i gave them money for a product which I have not received and it is 7 months over due. If I went to Dell and put a deposit on a laptop and received it then stopped payment I would be sued by Dell.

It is not stealing because you gave them the money. They didn't come and take it without cause. You have a contract with them. You gave them money for a voucher. This is a contract, not theft.

With your Dell scenario, Dell would sue you for breach of contract, for the remaining amount. Again, it's contract law and not criminal theft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you use a credit card? Or another payment method?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I contacted Pixmania last Thursday and they said that the order was not processed and they have not received payment. They told me that I need to contact my bank and check if money was debited from the account.

I contacted the bank and I was charged €400 to pixmania. I then contacted Pixmania and they said to email the bank statement. I did this and I got an automated email back asking for information which was already provided.

If I'm reading this correctly then you started that entire process 4 working days ago. I'd just calm down a little and let pixmania do their thing for the moment.

Pix are a complete pain in the ass to deal with. Getting angry with them won't help though. The real answer is to not buy from them again and recommend that your friends and family don't either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Zab wrote: »
    If I'm reading this correctly then you started that entire process 4 working days ago. I'd just calm down a little and let pixmania do their thing for the moment.

That, and the original payment was 7 months ago, so it will take time to trace it.

Why leave it so long from when the payment was made to query why the voucher hadn't arrived? If the voucher was lost in the post, or stolen and used by now, then you may not get any come back at all, especially if the payment was by a wire transfer as you seem to be saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

jor el wrote: »
    That, and the original payment was 7 months ago, so it will take time to trace it.

Why leave it so long from when the payment was made to query why the voucher hadn't arrived? If the voucher was lost in the post, or stolen and used by now, then you may not get any come back at all, especially if the payment was by a wire transfer as you seem to be saying.

Someone in the family really should have followed up on the vouchers when they didn't arrive. You wouldn't walk out of a shop without something and then go back 6-7months later demanding it and saying you've proof of purchase. They've probably got to go back into the vault to find that transaction and verify they sent nothing. It is going to take time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/gift-voucher.html#help

According to that, you either print the voucher yourself, or it's emailed to you. They don't send the voucher, so that would be why nothing arrived.

Advertisement