Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on speaking to potential clients

Options
  • 06-07-2011 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey guys,

Loving the forum, has some great info here for budding entrepreneurs :)

I have a quick question. I am starting a new website that offers a service to businesses. I am wondering what is the best way to approach these businesses.

Should I:

1) Organise meetings with them one by one. Organise a time to meet them at their premises (or wherever they want) and present my service to them on a one-on-one basis.

2) Hire a meeting room/conference room in a hotel somewhere that has a central location for all the businesses I intend to talk to. I can then do a presentation to all of them at once and then host a Q&A afterwards on the service I'm offering. Food and beverages will be on offer too.

I'm thinking the second option would be better in terms of saving my time and might look more professional, but i'm not sure.

Which would be best? If you have any other ways I should consider then please share.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

Hi entrepreneur2,
    I would recommend option 1. I think your potential clients will appreciate the 1 to 1 interaction. You can also make them feel more important doing it this way and that is very important in business. You want to make them feel like they are the only client in the world and that you are dedicated to them.

If you try option 2 it might seem like you want to get lots of clients and they are going to be at the back of the cue when it comes to help and support. No client wants to feel like this as they will have no problem with shopping around and going elsewhere.

Also, regarding option 1, it gives you the chance to dedicate YOUR time to making a sale. You've got nothing to lose but the sale.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Advertisement