Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder/Childcare Required

Options
  • 06-07-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am starting a new teaching job at the end of August in a Secondary School in Kilcock.

I am looking for a childminder in the kilcock/enfield area who would be available to mind my 2 year old son for the school term - not required for the school holidays and because I do not get paid for holidays, I will not be in a position to pay for the school break. Hence, I will not require childcare for Mid Terms, Christmas, Easter etc.

May suit mum with some school going / young children or if anyone knows if any creches who could accomodate me, I would be most grateful.

References are ESSENTIAL.

Many Thanks

Highly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ladycam

A good idea may be to post an ad on parenting sites, don't know if I can name them here:confused:
    If you don't know them, I can pm you the names.
    None of them charge anything if you are looking for a minder.
    There are always ads from minders as well, so you could just search through them.
    HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Please don't publish names or numbers on the public forum.
    If you have a recommendation please forward it by way of PM.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

My advice would be to agree certain things beforehand to avoid possible problems. You would not believe how certain things are taken as granted or misunderstood
    Apart from the hourly rate etc, try and agree such things as:
    What meals\snacks are expected to be provided? (Remember this comes out of their "wages"
    If you are going to be late to pick up, try and give them as much notice as possible - a simple text msg saves a lot
    If more than an hour late picking up or asking for extra time - the childminder will expect to be paid, 15 mins over is usually ok
    Discipline rules - Remember your child is likely to be minded by a mum, and all kids fight.

Sounds very school rule like, but believe me these things do come up!

Good Luck

Advertisement