Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mardi Gras Feedback!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DickBunce

sceptre wrote: »
    PR coverage for the trouble (in particular the arrests) seems to be a mess. When you've got an official representative of the event saying that there was no trouble at the street party and that there were no arrests made, while there's a myriad of eye-witness statements that there was and a video to demonstrate it, there's an issue with the official statements being made.

The organisers need to step up and admit there was trouble at the event - if they choose to downplay it by saying that in their view there was no more trouble than one might expect and that they're going to continue looking at security for next year, that's their call but, you know, there's a video up the page which clearly contradicts what the official statements have said. That's not the sort of thing that goes over well when, inevitably, the damning videos get forwarded over facebook etc. It makes future statements from the same people worth less. Make the statement worth something and say that something's being done about it. That makes future statements from the same people worth more.

I thought that this was excellent advice.

However the organisers of the Mardi Gras obviously don't agree with you because Tony Enright was quoted on Tuesdays Chronicle digging another hole for the group with more propaganda (article not online). Not exactly the best thing to be contradicting the Gardai. I believe only 3 guys organised this event although I am open to correction but they are Tony Enright in Smiths, Phil Flannerys Bar and O Connells Guinness Bar. So one guy is doing radio and press interviews telling us the how we got it wrong and a bar man/manager from O Connells who plastered social media prior to the event is taking all the flak (and rightly so) here but telling us they will listen to us. Who are they? Judging by the facebook page a lot more were involved however a guy in The Bailey said he know nothing about it and had no involvement in it. https://www.facebook.com/themarketquarter?sk=photos#!/media/set/?set=a.101691356563839.2258.101685123231129

"NOTE: This thread, is being written to get a more clear and concise answer, on what needs to be done. I've asked Insect Overlord to Close the other Mardi Gras Thread for me"

Who needs to do what?. I admire XiledSniper's intentions but I think the organisers are nodding "great idea lads" and thinking "when will they F### Off".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Hell, At the worst - they don't do anything about it, and they will see the effects themselves nextyear when no one shows up - However, if they have any intentions on improving they will listen even somewhat to whats being said. So it may be very worthwhile even passing it by them. Hence why I started the thread, in an attempt to improve things :) If they don't listen its their own fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Limerick Mardi Gras was just a little taster for the big one that is/was Oxegen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Limerick Mardi Gras was just a little taster for the big one that is/was Oxegen.

No, it wasn't. Let's keep this on topic, please.

Advertisement