Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas water OVER cleaned?

Options
  • 06-07-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice that the taste from water in Naas has deterioration dramatically over the past week or two. Almost tastes like swimming pool water, in that there is so much [apparently] chlorine in it.

I smell like a chlorine abuser after getting out of the shower, too. Disgusting. :)

I've started buying 5 liter bottles of water for drinking and cooking, it's that bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Can't say I have noticed, but I am just outside Sallins, so not sure if it is from the same system.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Seems to happen the odd time in Maynooth and Celbridge too; I'd suspect there's something slightly screwed up in how KCC's systems dose the chlorine/flouride saltes in to the system. Its the latter being increased that I worry about more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

It seems fine where I am, I wouldn't know either I have it filtered.
    All local authorities have to test the water and if there was a high count of chlorine this would show up.
    You can't smell or taste fluoride and there is strict guidelines to the amount that can be in water.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

I've heard before that if you can smell chlorine it means there's not enough of it in the water. This article seems to confirm it http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NTB/is_21_41/ai_94160701/ Haven't noticed anything different lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

I've heard before that if you can smell chlorine it means there's not enough of it in the water. This article seems to confirm it http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NTB/is_21_41/ai_94160701/ Haven't noticed anything different lately

You are comparing pool water to mains water?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

Well it was a worker in one of the Kildare Co Co water treatment plants that told me about that. Just grabbed first link I seen. Here's one about tap water "If the water has a chlorine smell, it may actually indicate that not enough chlorine is being added to the system."

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kildare Resident

Maybe the council have changed Naas over to the supply that now feeds parts of Kildare Town, I have been told that it will happen in Naas soon. It will happen to Newbridge as well.

The supply will be a "blended supply" with the eisting water and a supply from Rathangan and is as hard as a rock.

Start saving for a water softener.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Why the change to a lesser water quality?
    Supply issue? Can't think of anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The council usually add more chlorine when the bacteria levels rise.

Advertisement