Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Servicing K6 Sv650s this weekend... any tips?

• 06-07-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

Servicing my 2006 SV650S this weekend

So Basically I have:
    Oil
    K&N Oil Filter
    K&N Air Filter
    NGK Iridium Tip Spark Plugs (X2)

Do I need anything else for an Engine Service?

I Have all the tools I think I'll need.

Is there anything I should be aware of prior to me starting the service on my bike?

I've serviced cars many times before, but have never serviced a Bike.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    G.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Warm the engine up before servicing it (obviously not too much or you'll burn yourself :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

...dont knock it over:D

Seriously tho yeah Id say what you have in OP is all you need and your good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

count yourself lucky that you only have 2 plugs to change... o how I miss those days lol...

4 plugs for the cbr600rr cost me €80 the other day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

jameshayes wrote: »
    count yourself lucky that you only have 2 plugs to change... o how I miss those days lol...

4 plugs for the cbr600rr cost me €80 the other day...

Your not buying online are you!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Hiya, Im not even gona pretend i know what im talking about but the other half has an sv650 and told me to give you this link...

http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp

and to say...

paddock stand helps.

lower fairing will have to come off.

rad doesnt have to come off but might have to for front cylinder
    oh, and it's the 2003 service manual
    check tyre pressure.

oil chain too.

Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

loosen the sump nut up a bit before before heating the engine up... the bolt can warp with the force when hot and youll end up having to drill it. Also, make sure you have a good spanner to loosen it... i did it before with a cheap one and it was fairly rounded by the time i got it off.
    Other than that you should be fine... theyre a fairly easy bike to work on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

grahambo wrote: »
    Your not buying online are you!? :D

Belive it or not, I searched every where for them, cheapest place I could find was ebay/thevisorshop.com

Dont know why the particular ones the CBR uses are so expensive

Advertisement