Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Pubs and Clubs Dublin City?

Options
  • 06-07-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey all, been searching through this form cant seem to see recent threads with good late bar/nightclub suggestions.

I have mates comin over from London and Edinburgh in a few weekends and I was wondering if there would be any good suggestions on where to bring them.

Baggot street maybe for a bit of a day time sesh, but in the evening after a few jars at home, im not so sure where there would be good banter. We're all in our mid 20s and not fussy music wise, just wanna go to a good spot where there is good craic and a friendly atmosphere and none of this poser ****.

Im relatively new to Dublin, been living here the past 9 months, so have been to the likes of coppers (never EVER EVER AGAIN!!) D2, Dandeolion, Howl at the moon, Andrews Lane Theatre, the mezz....I was in Dame Lane last weekend but left relatively early.

Ive heard hogans, dakota, hairy lemon, the villager, Capitol are meant to be good? has anyone any feedback on what theyre like on a saturday?
    Ne other clubs that wud be good other than what I have mentioned....cos for the most part alot of the clubs are full of aneroxic posers or stuck up guys who are looking for the trophy gfs....I defo think I am going to the wrong places :D

Any advice welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

bobbles87 wrote: »
    Hey all, been searching through this form cant seem to see recent threads with good late bar/nightclub suggestions.

I have mates comin over from London and Edinburgh in a few weekends and I was wondering if there would be any good suggestions on where to bring them.

Baggot street maybe for a bit of a day time sesh, but in the evening after a few jars at home, im not so sure where there would be good banter. We're all in our mid 20s and not fussy music wise, just wanna go to a good spot where there is good craic and a friendly atmosphere and none of this poser ****.

Im relatively new to Dublin, been living here the past 9 months, so have been to the likes of coppers (never EVER EVER AGAIN!!) D2, Dandeolion, Howl at the moon, Andrews Lane Theatre, the mezz....I was in Dame Lane last weekend but left relatively early.

Ive heard hogans, dakota, hairy lemon, the villager, Capitol are meant to be good? has anyone any feedback on what theyre like on a saturday?
    Ne other clubs that wud be good other than what I have mentioned....cos for the most part alot of the clubs are full of aneroxic posers or stuck up guys who are looking for the trophy gfs....I defo think I am going to the wrong places :D

Any advice welcome!

They're good places; personally I think the area between Georges Street (maybe as far up as Wexford Street), Grafton Street and Dame Street contains enough bars for a good evening (Stags Head, Grogans, Long Hall, McDaids, Bruxelels etc).
    I'd take them to the old Ron Blacks (smallest pub in Dublin) for the novelty factor alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Capitol can be good but it varys from weekend to weekend, sometime it literally can be to full its like the bouncers just keep letting people in, ive been in there a few time and youd be waiting 40 mins to get a drink at the bar not one word of a lie, but if its not overly packed it can be a great spot, it always worth popping in and having a look if its to full just move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

fontanalis wrote: »
    They're good places; personally I think the area between Georges Street (maybe as far up as Wexford Street), Grafton Street and Dame Street contains enough bars for a good evening (Stags Head, Grogans, Long Hall, McDaids, Bruxelels etc).
    I'd take them to the old Ron Blacks (smallest pub in Dublin) for the novelty factor alone.

Is the confession box on marlborough street smaller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I was never in it so I can't say, but Ron Blacks claim so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

The confession box (The Maid of Arran) think its been gone for a good while, and not a place for the novelty factor.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The Confession Box is defo still there, but they've opened up the upstairs and put a big screen up there so if it ever was, it's definitely not the smallest anymore.

Been done up as well, not that shabby anymore, altho with the Hamsterdam style street business going on all around it, it's definitely not the place to take visitors to our great city. Unless they want a few blueys.

Advertisement